Happy Birthday...
...to me! I turned 32 today. The day could've gone 2 different directions but I'm happy to report that I had the perfect birthday.
First a couple pictures from the week.
Lois sat still and let Kasper give her lots of hugs. He's thinking "The doggie is letting me touch her and hug her!! Yeah!!"
Reading our new Spanish Richard Scarry book from Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Gill. We love it!
We've been having to wake Kasper up in the mornings. He's in a deep sleep but tries to act like he wasn't sleeping at all. There's not much sweeter than a sleeping babe.
Coloring
Yesterday we ran out to run a couple errands but mostly played around the house. Kasper didn't seem to be interested in eating but seemed ok otherwise.
Kasper started crying around 2:30 this morning but we let him cry a bit since it sounded half hearted. He whimpered a bit and slept until 8. When I went in to get him it turns out he had vomited in bed and it was all over. Must've been what woke him up this morning. I felt horrible enough then when I went to change his diaper his little bottom was BRIGHT red and swollen. He doesn't usually get diaper rash in his cloth diapers but this was bad. He just cried and cried and nothing could make him better. I brought him into the shower with me but the water hurt his bottom. We finally got Kasper to calm down and have a little milk and a couple crackers (which he tried to feed the dog.)
We had planned to go out for breakfast for my birthday so before we left Rob was giving him some naked time. That blanket he's holding up there? Peed on it. Then he pooped on the floor - TWICE - which earned him his second shower of the morning. This was all before 9 am!!! It was an inauspicious start to the day for sure.
After getting all cleaned up and getting a little food in him, Kasper tried to rally like the best of them.
We went to Tilia for breakfast. O.M.G. It was delicious! Kasper was a perfect gentleman and ate a whole pancake in between flirting with all the waitresses.
After breakfast we stopped at Bachmans where I picked out some flowers and milk glass vases. I love ranunculus - I had them in my wedding bouquet!
After Kasper's nap we had a couple snacks (and kisses) then went sledding down the driveway! It was perfect! Kasper was heavily bundled and never moved but I think he liked it!
Rob and I had tons of fun sledding!! Our sled went really fast so we would try to race the other person running with Kasper.
After sledding we played on our bed for a really long time. It was SO fun and Kasper was in a GREAT and playful mood.
Kasper had a couple bites of applesauce for dinner then cried through a warm bath with baking soda. I had to call the nurse line because his rash was so bad it was bleeding. It makes me sick to see it because I know it hurts him so bad. He winces when we wipe him and cries and cries. It sounds like he has a stomach virus so hopefully it doesn't last long. I know the poor kid isn't feeling well on the inside or on the outside but he was such a trooper today and I had the best birthday with my family.
1 comments:
Hooray! Happy birthday and hats off to Kasper for putting on a happy face! I'm sorry I didn't TALK to you, but I will soon. Love from the west side!! XOXOXO
Post a Comment