Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Knysna, Day 2

If you would like to see photos from yesterday's post, you'll have to go to the Picasa page. I can't get any of our photos to load onto Blogger!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kell0586/Africa#5400317748490797010

If you would like to start with today's photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kell0586/Africa#5400319253190686754

We started today with a delicious breakfast out on the patio of the B&B. It was so nice and sunny!! It was great! After breakfast, we headed east to the Bloukrans River Bridge to go bungee jumping! It's the highest bungee in the whole world!! It's 216 m high! You only fall about 150 m, though. We got all harnessed in then had to wait an hour for our turn to walk out onto the bridge. For the record, that's just long enough to get completely freaked out. You walk out to the middle of the bridge, they bind up your feet, walk you to the edge of the bridge, count to 4 then either you jump of or the push you. I managed to jump off on my own power. You fall for 7 seconds!!! I kept my eyes closed for part of the way down. But that was ok. I think I got the jist of it.

After we bungeed, we want to Tsitsikamma National Park for lunch and a hike. During lunch, the skies were blue and it was so warm! We hiked to the mouth of the Storms River, where it meets the Indian Ocean. The sea was very rough today. There must have been a bad storm out at sea. When you get to the mouth, you can walk all over it on suspension bridges! It was amazing scenery especially with the amazing waves!! By the end of the walk, it had cooled down quite a bit and was completely overcast.

By the time we were pulling into Knysna for dinner, there was lightning. I hope it doens't rain for our last full day in South Africa! We've had quite the amazing time so far. I highly recommend this country to anyone that can make the 24 hour trip. It really is something else. Probably not at all what you would expect!

I hope that you can follow along with the Picasa pictures. At least it's better than nothing!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Hi Lois!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP