5 weeks
Kasper turned 5 weeks old this weekend! We celebrated by spending some time in St. Cloud! But I'll get to that later...
What's new with Mr. Williams this week?
We are still trying to manage his reflux. It makes feedings difficult at times when he ends up writhing around instead of eating. He takes Zantac twice a day. We're supposed to give it some time to work. It's been over a week - it can start working any day now.
We started a Mommy and Me class at the local maternity place where we took our baby classes. There are 9 women in the class - with 7 boys and 2 girls! I think there is a baby boy boom going on right now. In the first class, we mostly introduced ourselves and told our birth stories. I had the fastest labor by far. I think 1.5 hours is tough to beat. The women are all great and it's so nice to know that I'll be able to get out of the house every Wednesday morning and chat with other new mothers. I also love the group leader. I think it will be a very positive experience for me, especially given my severely introverted tendencies.
At the end of class, I weighed Kasper on the baby scale - 10 lbs, 4 ozs!!
On Wednesday night, we headed up to St. Cloud for a few days. Rob had some work to do up Northish, so we all decided to go! We love spending time in St. Cloud. It's always so relaxing and this trip was no different.
The smiles I saw happening early in the week that Ryan thought might because we make him farty are indeed REAL SMILES! He really unloaded once we were up at my parents house. It started when I was changing his diaper on the dresser and he spotted the other baby in the mirror.
Hi friend!
Oh how I wish this was sharper...
We then moved to the floor for some activity time. More smiles ensued.
Argh!! My reflux is acting up!
All better
One more smile. Again, I can't help myself.
On Friday afternoon, my Mom and I met Sandra at SCSU to show Kasper off to many of her co-workers. It was fun and Kasper was such a good baby!
On Friday evening, I brought Kasper to dinner with my 3 girlfriends and our Mothers. Again he was a fabulous baby! I'm going to need to get photos from Emily of our evening, I didn't take pictures!
Kasper certainly had a big weekend, but he made it through like a champ. Do you want to know the secret? My Mom is the freaking baby whisperer. Seriously, the kid melts as soon as he gets in to her arms.
Mom even "babysat" Kasper upstairs Friday night so Rob and I could get a full nights sleep! He didn't cry for her and drank a bottle in a few gulps. Baby whisperer.
Posing with Aunt Steph
And here's even one with Mom when he wasn't crying at her!
Wow! Big post! Too many photos!
5 weeks - we can SMILE, we still have reflux, we are making new friends, hire my Mom as a babysitter.
Also, for my own future reference, I want to mention that I am wearing out the new Robyn album while I do work on the computer. So good.
1 comments:
I can not wait to meet little Kasper!!!! He is so adorable. I do have a question, all your pictures that you post are great, what lens are you using to take these may I ask.
Post a Comment