Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kasper's First Birthday - The Party

The theme of Kasper's first birthday was sort of a given. He was born 1.1.11 so I considered this to be his super, duper Golden birthday. I also added in some rainbow colors to keep things interesting. I didn't go crazy when planning this party (except for making a video montage a day before) even though I had a million ideas. Thank you Pinterest.

Settle in...

We prepped Kasper during breakfast by asking how old he was.
DSC_0007.jpg
He thinks he's one but looks unsure.
K bday am

Inside the front door, I strung up all of Kasper's monthly pictures.
DSC_0028.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
Stephanie gave K a thumbprint tree guest book for his party which also sat inside the door. I had green monkey assist.
DSC_0083.jpg

I found this super cute Happy Birthday banner on Etsy. So cute, right???
DSC_0035.jpg

Here is the same space with all the gifts. Kasper is a well-loved little guy for sure.


I just hung a colorful paper bunting in the sunroom.
DSC_0078.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the food table in all of it's glory (meaning I forgot once the guests started to arrive.)
DSC_0090.jpg

We pushed our dining room table against the window to free up more space. I found some rainbow colored fabric that my Mom made a runner out of. Stephanie made a couple tissue poms. I had wanted to make a bunch but they were hard! I pulled photos and things from around the house to have at the back of the table to honor the birthday boy. I kept it easy on myself and just served some snacky foods like veggies and dip, chex mix, taco dip, cake pops and cupcakes! I made rainbow cupcakes and they turned out SO cute!
DSC_0182.jpg
I made a cupcake tower out of some cake stands I had and I put Kasper's special gold cupcake at the top with a little flag bunting.
DSC_0089.jpg

Soon it was party time! Kasper experimented with some new looks to impress his guests.
1.1.12 K glasses
DSC_0044.jpg

He also got to open his gift from us. The ubiquitous Pottery Barn Kids chair!
DSC_0095.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg

It was such a fun party! We had about 30 local friends and family over. It was quite a difference to be able to entertain so many people so comfortably! I didn't get many photos of the guests. We had 2 other kids there besides K. They were older and I had a fun time looking into the future a bit.
DSC_0120.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
Kasper had fun playing with Lily.

The other cute kiddo was Amelia who was pretty sure her cake pop was a sucker.
DSC_0178.jpg

The party went from 3-5 so around 4 we called everyone in to the sunroom to watch the video we made. Yes, I made everyone watch all 11 and a half minutes. Kasper clapped as he watched. He thought the baby was cute.


After the video, it was cupcake time! He didn't love being sung to but eventually warmed up quickly to the dessert. He didn't know what to think at first!


1.1.12 K cupcake
DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0137.jpg
DSC_0139.jpg
DSC_0144.jpg
DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Then after taking a couple bites of cupcake, he just smeared it all over his tray.
DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

Too soon the party was over.

Completed and framed fingerprint tree.
DSC_0225.jpg
Playing with all of his new toys!
DSC_0188.jpg
DSC_0212.jpg
This cow is called the Howdy cow and was from Emily and Devin. He's still a little small for it but is always up for a quick ride.


I also have to include a pic of Kasper from daycare on the Tuesday after his birthday. They made him a little paper crown, a homemade birthday card with all the kid's handprints and a Sandra Boynton book! Have I mentioned how much we love his daycare?


Whew! Only a week late!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP