Sunday, August 4, 2013

Low key

I'll start this week with a little about last Saturday. I've written before about my girlfriends and our Mothers. Last year we spent time in San Francisco! This year we kept it a little closer to home. Emily lives in SF and was coming home for a visit so we claimed one of her days and spent it out at the Palmer's house on a lake! Emily is pregnant as well and is basically exactly a month earlier than me with a baby boy due in November. Our kids are going to get married. I'm calling it.
Bosom (and belly) buddies!

We had a super yummy brunch where we sat around and chatted and reminisced. Then we moved into the front yard for more chatting and reminiscing. The 8 of us can sit around and talk for HOURS - especially since we only get together about once a year these days. When it was starting to get closer to dinner time, the girls decided we needed to get out on the lake. Somehow the pregnant girls ended up being pulled behind the boat on a tube!
Untitled
Untitled
Don't worry, we weren't going fast at all. And it was super fun. Felt like old times - without the speed. I don't know if we could hang like we used to!

The Moms on the boat
Untitled

We came back to the house and rolled up Jeanne's famous egg rolls. We beg her constantly for these things (these and her chocolate chip cookies!). She surprised us with them! I think it had been about 10 years.
Untitled
Untitled
They are a lot of work but soooooooo good. I'm still dreaming about them.

Before we all headed out, we had a baby shower for Emily. I won't see her again until she has her little boy. That makes me super sad but very excited to meet him.

Monday morning was our ultrasound. Everything looked wonderful with baby girl but she was so curled up the tech almost couldn't get a peek at her gender! I was sure it wouldn't work but on the 4th or 5th try - after going to the bathroom, laying on my side, etc - she finally got it. She put a picture in an envelope for us to take to breakfast.
Untitled

We made it as far as sitting down to open the envelope. The suspense was killing me! I had a feeling this baby was going to be a girl the whole time but it was still such a surprise. Yes, I cried.

Monday did have a low point in the morning when Lois got half of her easy to digest food and half of her regular dry food. It came back up immediately. Sigh. Back to the vet for more canned food which we gave her until Wednesday. Wednesday night I gave her a regular serving of dry food but in really small amounts. It stayed down! She's been eating her regular food since then with no problems. I know you were all worried about her -- we were too!

Yesterday morning Kasper slept in (yay!) then came into our bed for some snuggles.
DSC_0511.jpg
DSC_0500.jpg
He and Papa had a fun time being under the covers singing songs.


Breakfast with the new super fun truck fork.
DSC_0521.jpg
DSC_0522.jpg
(That's not really Starbucks. I bought the $1 reusable cup so I can make hot chocolate on weekend mornings)

Kasper and I had a marathon shopping morning with Steph. I had a baby girl clothes buying itch to scratch. When we got home we both laid down for naps. I ended up sleeping almost as long as Kasper! I needed it! Rob was at work and called at the end of our nap to suggest we make a picnic lunch and head to Excelsior for dinner since it was such a beautiful night. Yes!
DSC_0525.jpg
DSC_0528.jpg
DSC_0539.jpg
DSC_0545.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg
DSC_0578.jpg
8.3.13 K running
DSC_0574.jpg

Waiting for Papa to come back from the car with dinner.
DSC_0591.jpg
Looking at the clouds
DSC_0598.jpg
DSC_0609.jpg
The best family shot we could get. Kasper had too much playing to do.
DSC_0612.jpg
It was such a beautiful night and it's so fun to spend time in Excelsior.

Today we woke up and tried to think of something fun to do this morning. We realized we hadn't been to the Arboretum in awhile! The roses were blooming and they were amazing.
DSC_0619.jpg
DSC_0636.jpg
8.4.13 roses
DSC_0638.jpg

So many wonderful colors!
DSC_0626.jpg
DSC_0628.jpg
DSC_0629.jpg
DSC_0641.jpg

We took a new path around a pond. There is just so much to explore!
DSC_0664.jpg
DSC_0648.jpg
8.4.13 K hat
DSC_0668.jpg
8.4.13 K Arb
DSC_0671.jpg

It was a fun morning but this little boy was more ready for a nap than I've seen him for awhile. Whoo boy!
DSC_0693.jpg
As he was writhing and crying and barely able to sit up he was insisting "I'm not sleepy anymore!!!"

He decided he wanted to try riding his trike tonight after seeing another little boy ride his last night during our picnic. He's getting close to being able to ride it!


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP