Sunday, June 29, 2014

Running on fumes

This week was not my favorite, if I'm being completely honest. Rob has been trying to meet a deadline on 2 of his projects and so worked basically around the clock all week. He wasn't home as much as usual which was hard on all of us. That said, we survived! Pretty proud of that.

Monday Kasper's room took a field trip to a fire station! Again, one of the best parts was the drive to the station in the purple van.
Untitled
Untitled

We really lucked out with the weather and it was a saving grace for me to serve left overs for dinner so we could spend our time outside after work.
DSC_0639-002.jpg
DSC_0709-002.jpg
DSC_0727-002.jpg
DSC_0714-002.jpg

This week was full of appointments. I had a dermatologist appointment and a PT appointment. Friday Marlo had her 6 month checkup. ALREADY. Rob wasn't able to go so it was my first well child visit, with shots, by myself. The appt went well, no concerns. Marlo has finally surpassed Kasper in weight at the same age.

Weight: 16 lb - 44%
Length: 26.75" - 79%
Head: 16.5" - 37%

A wonderfully average baby. I asked about her fussiness hoping to hear some magical age it'll stop but again the Dr. speculated this is her personality. The shots went surprisingly well. She screamed while she was being poked then recovered pretty quickly. I took the whole day off in case Marlo needed some extra attention. She's been very needy at daycare and always wanting someone to hold her. Of course with so many kids that just isn't possible so I figured I'd make it easy on everyone and stay home with her. As we left the clinic, Marlo fell asleep so I took the opportunity to run a couple errands. Trader Joe's to restock the wine shelf and groceries for the week. So awesome to have that knocked out before the weekend. When we got home, Marlo was in a wonderful mood.
image
image

I mean, how cute.
6.27.14 Marlo 2
DSC_0740.jpg
DSC_0746-002.jpg
DSC_0752-002.jpg
6.27.14 Marlo
DSC_0768-002.jpg

Such a Marlo face
DSC_0780-002.jpg

We had such a fun afternoon
image
image

Yesterday Rob and Kasper went for a bike ride before lunch. On the way to the trail, Kasper was stopped by a police officer who gave him a "ticket" for a free DQ ice cream cone for riding with a helmet! Then he asked if anyone else at home like ice cream so Marlo has a ticket too. They had a fun time and got to play in usually non existent water! We've had SO.MUCH.RAIN there are streams where there usually are not.
Abenture pics
Abenture pics
Abenture pics
Abenture pics

Marlo and I hung out at home contemplating whether or not to cut her rat tail.
image
image
See her legs? Her injection sites were swollen, red and hot yesterday and she was pretty much a hot mess. Apparently it takes a day to kick in.

I felt bad because last night was Steph and Tim's bachelorette and bachelor party so my parents came down to watch the kids. Rob headed off to Lake Minnetonka to make some decisions that would ruin his Sunday while the girls went to Stillwater for some wine tasting! My Dad sent pictures of their evening. They had fun but were pretty surprised how much work it is to manage them. Welcome to my world.
image
image
Marlo is pooping here.

Hahahaha!
image

After dinner and girl talk at the host's house, I left and got home around 10 pm. By the time I was ready to crawl into bed, Marlo was fussing. Paci went in and I went to bed. Just as my eyes were closing she cried again. Back downstairs. And so on every 20 min from 11-12. At 12 I fed her and noticed she was very warm. Uh oh. Needless to say it was a terrible night. I finally brought her crib upstairs at 3 am to save myself the trips. She finally fell to sleep for a bit and right as my eyes closed Kasper called out that he had to go to the bathroom. It was 5 am and no one went back to sleep after that. Marlo has been pretty out of sorts today. I'm keeping her dosed with Tylenol to keep her temp down and keep her more comfortable.

My parents stayed around this morning while Rob slept off the bachelor party and helped me with 2 sleepy kids. My Dad also totally weeded the yard and cleaned and swept out the garage. We have so little time to do anything but live you don't realize how those chores make such a huge difference. Marlo had a hard time taking naps and woke up screaming bloody murder. Being outside is the only thing that has calmed her for awhile. Poor baby.
DSC_0804-001.jpg

Eventually even that didn't work. She was done. I'm still not sure if she got a cold on top of the shots or if the fever and everything is from the shots. Whatever it is, she is miserable.
image
image

And scene.
image

Rob ran to Home Depot to get some supplies for our bathroom remodel. Three and a half hours later, he pulled up in this. Kasper was in HEAVEN. It even had a back up beep! Also, never changed out of pjs today. Oops.
Trucker

Marlo, on the other hand, started to fall asleep at the table, fell asleep in the tub, fell asleep getting pjs on, fell asleep having her milk and when I laid her in bed her eyes whipped open and she stared at me. Haven't heard any peeps yet but the night is still very, very young. And with that, I think it's time for us to turn in. We're all running on fumes today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP