Labor Day
Let's hear it for a 3-day weekend! Love those.
This week Marlo continued to refine her clapping skills and added tongue. I remember Kasper had his tongue out for almost every picture when he was around 6 months old.







Always chasing brother






Oh girl




Kasper

Eventually she fell asleep in the exersaucer. She's kind of a wreck in the evenings especially if she had a notably short afternoon nap. Which, for daycare is 10 minutes instead of 30.


Rob and I had a "date night" Thursday. It involved eating wings and watching the Vikings game after the kids went to bed. Whoo hoo!

Two kids playing in the tub is still such a fun sight for me.







Grandma Sandra got to our house bright and early Saturday morning to hang out with Marlo while Rob, Kasper and I headed to the Great Minnesota Get Together. Along with everyone else ever, apparently. It was the busiest I've ever seen it! We later saw a stat that it was the busiest day in the history of the State Fair -- 252,000 people were there on Saturday ALONE!! Usually I work there for work for an afternoon during the week but we didn't work this year so we chose to go on the weekend and take Kasper. Mistake. I think next year we'll take a day off and go. It was crazy.

We started with pretzel crusted cheese curds. We had a couple strikeouts before ending up here as our first stop. Kasper was totally tired already and it was, like, 9 am.


My personal favorite - the zeppole. I have converted Kasper. He said it was his favorite thing to eat at the fair as well.


Checking out a sheriff's cruiser.


Thankfully it didn't rain on us. And we didn't bring a stroller! Kasper did a good job of walking or riding on Rob's shoulder.

We weren't sure if Kasper would want to see the animals. Last time he was here, 2 years ago, a donkey scared the crap out of him by braying loudly right in his face. I don't think he remembered and actually enjoyed seeing the animals!


By far his favorite barn was the horse barn. He wanted to see each and every horse in there.


We finished up by spending some time on Machinery Hill to look at the big rigs and farm equipment. Actually, Kasper and Rob looked at the farm equipment, I stood in a loooooong line for a pronto pup.


We made it home by nap time and swapped kids. Grandma Sandra took Kasper back up to St. Cloud and I got to snuggle my girl.


They ended up at the library!



It was pretty weird to be home without big brother! I honestly think Marlo missed him. We took a walk after dinner just for something to do. It totally started to rain after a couple blocks and we had to hurry home.




Marlo woke up at her normal time and we decided to get out for a run before she needed her first nap. We got 3 miles in before 8 am!

We spent the day running errands and getting groceries. Marlo also learned how to wave! It's so funny to see her wave. I love it.

Marlo was pretty grumpy yesterday. We took another walk before dinner just to get out of the house and went around a lake near the house a couple times. Marlo didn't sleep but was content to ride along quietly. She was SO happy to see brother when Grandma dropped him off before dinner. The feeling was very mutual and they had a very sweet, bordering on smothering, reunion.
Marlo has been doing this thing where she wakes up some time between 9:30 and 10 pm and needs to be helped back to sleep. It's a lot of rocking, swaying, etc and multiple lay downs. Eventually she goes back to sleep and sleeps until morning. Thanks to the blog, I was reminded here and here that Kasper was also having trouble (even more trouble) with his sleep at the same age. Also over Labor Day weekend. As a baby that always wanted to be left alone to fall asleep, I'm having trouble figuring out what she's needing right now. She was totally up before 6 this morning, too. Ugh. It was just like Kasper's 35 week post. Marlo and I came out into the sunroom to play as the sun came up. It was cold then but warm this morning. When Kasper woke up this morning we headed out to the Arboretum! I love that place. We put both kids in the wagon for the first time! They had a GREAT time. Unlike the double stroller, Kasper can get all up in Marlo's space in the wagon.








Her hair is growing! Maybe some day soon you won't even notice the rat tail! Also, I'm curious to see if it's turning red.









Not much is blooming anymore but the roses are gorgeous!


Marlo's bad mood continued today. She wouldn't stay asleep very long and would wake up tired and mad.

After Kasper woke up we loaded into the car and headed back to the lake to walk/ride bikes. I tell you, my Fitbit was VERY proud of me this weekend.
So we had a great long weekend but we were slightly in survival mode with a fussy baby. Thank goodness she enjoys being outside and we can use that as a soothing technique. It also greatly helped to have brother around today. She missed him when he was gone. We all did, he's such an amazing kid.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment