Spring Break 2024, Part 2
The kids spent the majority of their time in the hot tub. It was mostly off so it wasn't too hot and they could all touch so they just crammed in there for hours at a time.
I saw my first roadrunner! We've been going to the desert for years and I've never seen one. Not only did I see this guy but I think we had 3-4 roadrunner sightings and everyone got to see. He was a rascal. He had a lizard in his mouth and when I saw him later on my walk he was being dive bombed by 2 other birds. Must've stolen something.
Lots of games. Marlo liked to play card games when she was feeling better for a moment.
The backyard lit up at night.
Coming out of the worst of it. Poor girl.
Rob tried a new disc golf course that had just opened that day. It was on a ball golf course and you fit in with the golfers so it was a little slow but it was such a perfect day. He had to borrow a collared shirt because you still had to comply with golf course rules.
Then on hole 18 he threw into the water and fell all the way in retrieving his disc. He returned that shirt soaking wet.
Sat around the fire a few evenings.
This pool was fun.
Kappy had a great week. He did such a great job of playing outside with his cousins and not being in front of a screen TOO much. I think he had the most fun he's ever had.
We did try to take the kids on a hike but it was hot and they aren't super robust. But we got out there a bit.
We got them back to the pool.
Rob and I did one morning at our favorite trail and one day at the trail closer to our house. This trail was mostly flat but we did see 2 roadrunners and a jackarabbit! If you go farther, you go into the mountains so maybe next year we'll go for a longer hike.
Souviners.
We had about an hour to kill between having to be out of the house and getting to the airport so we went bowling! It was a blast and the perfect way to spend free time.
Palm Springs airport is outdoors. Love it.
Like I mentioned, we had an "easy" flight back and were home by 1 am. The best we could except. It was another fun Spring Break and we can't wait to go back next year!!

































0 comments:
Post a Comment