Labor Day
Summer is over! I can't believe it!
It went out with a bang. We had a few days of really bad weather and lost a big tree.
It's been a big job chopping it up and moving it away. Rob had a couple helpers. Kasper and this other friend.
We had school open houses, met teachers, saw friends, took school photos.
We headed up to the Gunflint Trail Friday morning for the long weekend. It's always such a fun time. This year, it was too windy to go out on canoes so we stayed near the campsite for the most part. The kids played Kan Jam almost the entire time. They played for hours and hours every day and had adults pick the teams. We had PEAK children this year. Our group then 6 other little kids at other cabins. It was chaos.
We got to see some little Northern Lights the first night!
Rob and I did a hike at Gunflint Lodge.
When we found out we would be ill adivsed to take canoes out, we rented motorboats to go cliff jumping. When we found out we would be ill advised to take motor boats out, our group of 21 went for a hike! It was no joke and some kids turned around but most of us had a great hike and it scratched the portage itch for those of us that were disappointed to not go out into the BWCA.
Side note - I've literally had 2 beers in my life (I don't care for beer) but it looks like I spend all my time hiking with one. That's funny.
Another great Gunflint trip in the books! We got back this afternoon and have been getting back to real life and trying to forget school starts tomorrow!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment