Monday, August 10, 2009

Hey everyone! Something blog-worthy happened!

Well, not really, but I generally think there is nothing interesting enough over here to put on the internet. So in an effort to keep the domain name... I bring you our bathroom makeover! It struck me sometime last week that I was no longer digging the sunshine yellow...

liquid nailed glass tile, gold sconce thing we had going on in the upstairs bathroom. (Yes, those mirrors are just glued on. I think they sell them as a 5 pack down at Home Depot, so after gluing up the one over the sink, they had 4 left over...)

Not one to mess around, I got right to work, enlisting the nearest well meaning handy man to help me out, especially with the plumbing.

And here it is! That old dormer got a fresh coat of paint, a new light fixture, mirror, faucet, shelving system and a spare 46" Mt. St. Helens eruption seismograph we had laying around to cover the fall out from removing those glued mirrors.



Oh! The new bathroom is also adorned with a way overpriced glass shelf which slopes about 30 degrees downward upon which I hung some wrinkly towels. For effect. It's a bathtub thankyouverymuch!


A big thank you to Lois Williams for all her support.

2 comments:

Nicole Johnson August 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

Beautiful job and nice paint color! I love the Mount St. Helens reminder that disaster is never too far away. Send your handyman our way - we have a bathroom project or two to tackle.

Mattson Family August 16, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

beautiful jess! nice work.

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP