The Nursery
I started my maternity leave Monday, so I've been scurrying around trying to get things "ready" for when the boy arrives though I'm not convinced you can ever be even close to ready. I know that the car seat is in the car, I have some things packed for the both of us for the hospital and the trip home and the child has a place to sleep.
For anyone who has ever been to our house knows space is at a premium and we only had one option for a nursery - the little 10' x 7' office on the main level. We managed to fit everything in and then some!
The view from the door:
The only configuration we could get to work with the layout of the room was to have the crib and changing table together. Oh well. I added some extra storage with the baskets and fabric pouches.
My Mom did basically all the sewing in the room - from the bedskirt to the pouches to the chair slipcover and even found the time to make these little fabric birds for a mobile! I saw the idea on a few different blogs, but it comes from Spool.
Slipcovered chair with bookshelves:
To keep the wall across from the crib as flat as possible, I ordered a little branch decal from Etsy.
The room is a little on the busy side, but it's a nursery and there were so many things that I wanted to include and not much space to include them in!
Lois likes it
So there you have it - where the new child will spend his time! Now we wait for said child...
3 comments:
I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Perfect. :)
So cute!!! Thanks for posting :)
Jess, this is the most beautiful little nursery I've seen! I love the mobile and the bird decal (and would put it in MY room if I could)! Have a peaceful, merry Christmas!
Post a Comment