Happy Birthday Lois!
Today is Lois' 6th birthday! At least that's what we're celebrating. It was 4 years ago yesterday that we went to an adoption event for Underdog Rescue. We were "just going to look." We had been in our new house for about a month and were entertaining the idea of having some extra company. I had wanted a pit bull for a long time. I don't know why I had such an affinity for the breed, but every pit bull I had ever met was so sweet. Anyway, we went to "just look," saw Lois (then named Meghan) and decided to adopt her! She came home the next day, April 1. She was estimated to be about 2 years when we got her, so we just go with that.
She is a very loving dog with every person she meets. Other dogs don't hold the same allure, but that's ok. She has a nice little playmate next door who runs up and down the fence with her.
Her life has changed quite a bit since Kasper came into the picture, but she is no less loved. She has handled the new addition like a champ although it took a day or 2 - and believe me, many tears were shed those first few days worrying about the dog. Now she is a perfect big sissy.
Happy Birthday Lois! I hope you enjoy your steak tonight!
A couple outtakes:
It's hard to make a dog wear a birthday hat!
0 comments:
Post a Comment