22 weeks
Finally!! A beautiful weekend in MN. Poor Kasper Williams had to wait 22 weeks to see one.
We had a great week! Sometimes you feel like nothing is going your way in parenthood and sometimes you feel like you are rocking at it. This week I mostly felt like parenting rocked. There were certain issues I was stressing about that ended up being no big deal. Isn't that usually the case?
We had a nice and relaxing Memorial Day weekend. I already wrote about most of it, but here are a couple more pictures from the weekend.
Playing in his exersaucer. He doesn't like it nearly as much as the one at daycare.
He looks like he's at some sort of command center
Side note - K has blisters on his big toes from jumping so much at daycare.
Totally chillaxin' with Papa
Rice cereal take 2! But first the pre-show entertainment. Lois!
He wasn't so sure about the cereal on day 2
Kasper's first shorts outfit with bonus shoes and socks. Can you handle how big he is? I can't.
Someone rocks at tummy time!
So starting solids was one of the things that I was so nervous about for some reason. I think I was afraid of him choking or having an allergic reaction or something. And I didn't know how much to feed, etc. It all worked out. I have to remember that bit of wisdom to "Trust your baby."
My second "Well that was easier than I thought" came when we ditched the swaddle cold turkey. Last week and weekend we swaddled to go to sleep but Kasper usually ended up doing quite a bit of crying to go to sleep and would finally quiet down when he was out of the swaddle. We tried 1 arm out for a night then on Wednesday night, we laid him down with no swaddle! You know what? He slept great again! I was right that he was weaning himself from the swaddle. He cries very little and is able to put himself back to sleep when he wakes up. I have been putting him in his crib for naps and he is rocking at it. He starts on his back and maybe sleeps for a few sleep cycles then flips over and finishes the rest of the nap or night on his tummy. Okay so maybe most of the "I'm rocking parenting" is actually just "Kasper doing what comes naturally." Either way, we'll take it.
Not only his he a tummy sleeper, I think he prefers to sleep face down. I don't like it, but he is often like this. Weird, right?
We started the weekend with a trip to the pediatrician. Daycare was pretty sure K had an ear infection so I took him in to check. His ears were fine, thankfully. He did get weighed and it looks like he hasn't gained a single ounce since he was in there 3 weeks ago! I was a little concerned but the Dr. wants to wait until his 6 month check-up to see what his weight is. It may have something to do with the fact that he jumps for half the day. That has to burn some major calories!
This weekend we added avocados to K's menu. I mashed a little ripe avocado with some milk and he ate it like a champ!
A little blurry, but cute.
We had a busy weekend with a wedding Saturday night and Cirque du Soleil Sunday afternoon. The Grandmas came down to take turns watching the boy. I know K had a great time with them! We are now home and have the evening to relax. I missed my baby this weekend!
I'll leave you with a gratuitous photoshoot. Forgive me but I couldn't narrow them down. Cutest baby ever, no?
I know that was ridiculous but I am in love with all of these and wanted them all up so I could see them. So there.
Another weekend gone. So fast. Boo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment