5 months
Kasper -
You are 5 months old today! You continue to amaze us with how much you grow and change each month. In the last monthly update, you were only just able to reach your toes. Today I almost can't remember a time when you weren't always grabbing your feet or sticking them in your smiling mouth. Crazy.
The biggest change in your little life happened this month when I went back to work and you started at daycare. I was so dreading this transition a month ago but it really didn't turn out to be all bad. It helps that you LOVE daycare! Even if you're grumpy and tired at home, apparently you get to daycare and have a great day! You had trouble finding your sleep but after they started swaddling, you have been able to get some rest during the day. I think you spend most of your day jumping in the exersaucer. Jumping is one of your most favorite things to do.
You continue to be a super social baby. You can be having a bad day, tired, hungry, whiny but as soon as someone looks at you, you go into total flirt mode. You always have a smile for anyone and sometimes even a giggle.
We slogged through a Wonder Week most of this month and you went through some things developmentally. There are probably more than I can list here, but this month you started to roll front to back as well as back to front. You can scoot towards a toy on your tummy and grab it. You are becoming a little mobile baby now! You are able to play by yourself for longer periods of time which I appreciate.
You are still a great nurser although you do get a little distracted sometimes. You have definite preferences when it comes to nursing. It's ok if other people talk, but I may not. You get all mad when I try to talk while you're eating. If I call out to someone, you cry. We started rice cereal this month and while you loved it the first day, you've been a little iffy since.
You had only just doubled your birth weight when you went to the Dr. when you were sick at around 4 months. You're long and thin for sure! You are still in 3-6 month clothes but 6 month clothes are a little big.
You are now sleeping in your crib at night! You sometimes take naps in your Rock and Play if you're not feeling the crib, but you do well in it at night. During your Wonder Week period, you were waking up 2-3 times per night then it went down to 1 or none after the Week ended. Now that the weather is warmer, I think you get a little uncomfortable and sweaty and refuse to sleep so we're working on that. You're still pretty little, so I guess I'll cut you some slack on your sleeping patterns. You're possibly starting to wean yourself from your swaddle. You wiggle out of it at night and I usually find you completely out of it in the morning. Sometimes you practice your rolling in your crib and end up on your tummy! You usually cry when that happens. We'll try swaddling with 1 arm out to see how you like it. So far that's working better than both arms or neither. You'll need to start working on your self soothing at night. You have trouble going back to sleep if something wakes you up. We have been letting you figure it out on your own and most often you cry for less than 10 minutes before you are back to sleep.
We don't really have "outtakes" like we used to when taking the monthly pictures since you're pretty in control of your body so here are just some cute ones.
You are such a delight and we love you so much! It is true that it keeps getting better.
Love, Mom
1 comments:
What a sweetie pie we have here! Happy 5 months, Kasper! Your world got bigger this month with new people to help take care of you, and you adapted very well. Keep up the good work, Jess and Robert!
-- Love, Grandma Sandra
Post a Comment