10 months
Kasper -
You are 10 months old today. 10 months! Double digits! That means you turn 1 in 2 months! Slow down!!
What have you been up to this month?
Milestones: You are now a full time hands and knees crawler. I haven't seen you skid along on your belly for weeks! You're getting pretty speedy, too. You pull up to stand on everything and can occasionally stand on your own if you're preoccupied enough.
Food: You continue your shaky relationship with food. Sometimes you clean your plate, sometime you eat 2 bites and refuse to eat more. I hear you are a great eater at daycare and eat all of your lunch everyday along with about 15 ounces of milk. I have been sending some avocado along for you to eat with your lunch to plump you up a bit. You eat a nice variety of foods that include meat, cheese, yogurt, veggies and fruit. I try to get you to at least eat some protein before you have fruits or vegetables but sometimes that ruins your meals. Instead of water, you get milk in a cup for meals for the calories. Speaking of milk, even at 10 months old, you LOVE to nurse. You actually sit still and nurse at any time of the day. I love those moments when you are quiet and we can cuddle a bit.
Sleep: We had a rough August and September in the sleep department but almost as soon as we got home from Washington you started sleeping again and it's been pretty quiet around here at night. You have been waking up once at most and I would say half of the time we don't hear from you until 7 am. I'm fully aware that this too shall pass so I try to get some sleep while the gettin's good.
Bedtime is around 7:30 still after a nice bath with Papa. We nurse before bed and then I rock you awhile. You can go to bed awake so sometimes the rocking is just for me.
You still take 2 naps - one around 9:30/10:30 and one around 1:30/2 for about an hour each. During the week, you catch a couple 30 minute naps on our drives to and from daycare. I don't know when you'll drop your morning nap. As of now, you still really need it to be happy during the day!
Other: You clap and wave for us without us doing it first. If we say "Hi birds" or "Hi Sissy" You will wave at whatever we are talking about. You wave at your bird mobile every morning when you wake up. You also clap if we say "Yay!"
You love daycare and your teachers. I think you like playing with the other kids and I now find you amongst the big kids. You got your first bite this month but it didn't slow you down any!
You are still TOOTHLESS! At 10 months old we don't even see the hint of a tooth. I was 10.5 months old before I got my first tooth and Papa was 13 months so I guess you were doomed.
Just tonight was the first time you pooped on the floor! We set you down to play as we ran your bath. I joked to you that you'd better not pee on my shoes (which you were playing with). You showed me by leaving 2 gifts on the floor and slamming a shoe into one of them.
You are such a special kid and we can't get enough of you. Love you, peanut.
Mama
Some outtakes this month. Don't mind the color on these. I'm thankful I only have 2 more months to get these shots - it's stressful to me!
He can't be contained!
1 comments:
Happy 10-months birthday, Kasper! You're getting to be such a big boy and I can't wait to see you again!
Love, Grandma Sandra
Post a Comment