Kasper: 23 months
Kasper,
You are 23 months old. I only have one more of these updates to write after this one!
Where do I start. You are even more a little boy than you were last month. You RUN everywhere. You talk up a storm. You have a funny sense of humor. You are an amazing kid.
I won't bother listing the words you know. You talk in almost complete sentences now. Some of the things you say all the time:
- Don do dat. (Usually followed by "Okaaaaaaaay sissy?")
- I help you, Mama (when you are the one wanting the help.)
- Coffee's done! (After every chime you hear)
We have been working on manners and I am very proud of you for remembering to say please and thank you where appropriate. You say "Bless you" when someone sneezes and "Excuse you" when you burp.
Papa is having fun teaching you some new sounds lately.
According to your teachers, you love to paint and draw. You don't have a huge interest in it at home but you do ask to draw with your chalk on occasion. One day this week, you asked for yellow chalk. I gave it to you and you went to work. When you were done, you said "Mama, it's a bumbum bee." YOU DREW A BUMBLE BEE. I can totally see it, buddy. It would be fun if you were creative and artistic.
You love to dance and sing and actually sing along to songs on the radio. Your dance moves are pretty raw still but I love to see you move to the music.
You are still a skinny kid. When I brought you in to the Dr. about a month ago you weighed 24 lbs. You don't get another "official" weight until your 2 year appt next month. You are consistently in 12-18 month clothes. You're starting to move into 18-24 month clothes, which is fun. Your appetite is hit or miss. It's been hit lately and you've been willing to try a lot of new foods. There is nothing that you will ALWAYS eat. Besides maybe candy. You have a sweet tooth like your Mom.
You still take one nap during the day for 2-3 hours. You go to bed between 7:30 and 8 and sleep until 7. (Some day you'll learn sleeping in on the weekends is fun!) Papa gives you a bath and gets your in your jammies. He hands you off to me and we read 4-5 books. You hold one book and I read the others in the order you've decided on. When all that's left is the book you're holding, you'll page through it and I'll read along. When the books are read, you snuggle into me and we sing rockabye baby about 10 times. I'll sing it, ask what you want to sing next and you'll always request rockabye baby. We sing and giggle and hug and kiss. I love it so much. When I've sung it enough, we stand up and you'll request Night Night Kasper which is the song your Papa made up for you when you were a tiny baby. I'll sing though it once or twice and by now your eye lids are pretty heavy! It's so fun and I hope you enjoy our little nighttime routine for awhile longer.
We went out for a breakfast date this weekend while Papa was busy doing a bike race. We had a lot of fun. You lugged that milk around all morning.
Your best friend is without a doubt Lois. You love to boss her around and roughhouse with her. She's amazing and patient with you. I think she loves you just as much but would never admit it.
You are a silly, funny boy. We love seeing what you'll come up with next. It's amazing how observant you are!
We went to pick out our Christmas tree today. It was a weird foggy day - we still don't have snow! Hopefully you'll get to see a white Christmas someday!
The farm had a reindeer, which you were interested in...
And a Santa which you were NOT interested in.
You wouldn't get near him. You even lost a shoe in the struggle. Maybe next year...
One more month until you are 2 years old. No longer my baby. This is going to be a fun month, buddy. I hope you enjoy it.
Always remember what a Mama says - I love you.
Love, Mama
0 comments:
Post a Comment