Baby #2
I thought I'd give a little more background on our new anticipated arrival. Without going too far into it, we had been trying to have another child for over a year and a half. Not the longest anyone has waited by any stretch of the imagination but it was starting to wear on us a bit. We had been in to doctors for various testing and there was nothing obviously wrong with either of us. We decided the next step was to go to a fertility clinic after a final test we had scheduled for April 30. With the trip to Hawaii coming up in mid-April we didn't put much thought into a second baby. Of course you know what happened next. I had a hunch I was pregnant the last couple days in Hawaii and took a test as soon as we walked in the door. It was April 24 and I had that final test less than a week later. I was so happy to be able to call and cancel that.
This picture is so gross. This is 16 hours of travel on a red-eye flight. Had to take a pic anyway.
I tested close to 5 weeks so we just started the belly pics at 6 weeks. I also opted for a clothed belly. See above. And yes I like the Old Navy vintage t-shirts. Highly recommended.
So far things have been going smoothly which I'm thankful for. I had a little nausea but it was pretty mild. My blood pressure has stayed normal and sometimes even mildly low - a problem I've never had. I had pregnancy induced hypertension with Kasper and hope to not have a repeat of that. The worst part, though it's not really bad at all, is how huge I look already! I've heard this is common with second pregnancies but it's a little ridiculous. The funny thing is I've MAYBE gained one pound.
Here are a couple more from our DIY photoshoot. We just set the camera up on the tripod and used a remote control. It worked pretty well!
Kasper is still pretty unaware there's a new baby coming and is mostly uninterested in my growing belly.
So now you're caught up! December 25 will be here before we know it.
1 comments:
Congratulations! So excited, hope he or she does arrive on Christmas, then Gus can have a birthday friend!!!
Post a Comment