Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hitting our stride

Do I dare say we hit our stride this week? 2 months after the arrival of the littlest Williams.

Marlo and I got into a daytime groove this week. She is waking once a night to eat, usually around 3 am. We wake up around 7 am with the boys to eat again. We don't usually get up and out of bed but it's nice to be able to give Kasper a kiss before he heads out to daycare. He's such a good little boy. I try to keep her awake until 8:30 before nursing her down for her morning nap. She's usually pretty sleepy by then - even though she just woke up! She sleeps anywhere from 2-3.5 hours in the morning! When she wakes up I feed her and try to do some playing or take a bath before putting her down anywhere between 12 and 1:30 depending on when she woke up. This nap varies a lot. Sometimes it's another 2.5 hours. Sometimes it's 45 min. If it's short we try again later.

DSC_0912.jpg
DSC_0920.jpg
DSC_0950.jpg
DSC_0951.jpg
DSC_1003.jpg
DSC_1009.jpg

She is such a pretty baby. (Of course I'm biased) She has the same crazy shock of hair Kasper did which I love. I can't wait to see what color hair and eyes she'll have. Kasper has settled on hazel/grey eyes and brown hair. Though when I was looking back at pictures the other day I was shocked to see how blonde his hair was for awhile there. This was back in June 2012. It's straight up blonde!!

DSC_0865.jpg

We didn't get out of the house much this week but with the snow and COLD and wind that was just fine by us. I don't mind spending my days (while I still have them) soaking up my baby girl. My last baby. *sniff*
IMG_7334.jpg
2.25.14 M faces
IMG_7341.jpg

I got videos of the different conversations Marlo and I have.

First there's the Informational Speech. She's telling me about her day so far and the funny thing she saw her pockets doing.


Then there's the Whispering Sweet Nothings Speech. We tell each other how much we love them. The Whispering Sweet Nothings Speech happens exclusively before, during and after nursing.


Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Marlo is getting better and better at getting her fingers in her mouth. Lucky her!
Untitled
Untitled

Naked baby smiles. I just can't stop taking a million pictures of her when she's being so darn cute.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Marlo likes to sit in the bathroom and watch big brother take a bath.
Untitled

On this particular night he was doing some spelling. He got his name right, he could spell it in his sleep. Then we asked him to spell Marlo with the letters. He can say it right but ended up spelling it backwards. A valiant effort, though! I was still very impressed! I think we're going to have to get him some early reader books or something. He's so interested in letters and spelling and sounding out words.
Untitled

More Marlo. Always more Marlo.
Untitled

Her favorite place to play is her changing table so we play up there while her butt airs out. I put the toys on her chest for a second and she somehow got them on her head. I thought this was hilarious for some reason.
Untitled
Untitled

Marlo after nursing (guess which side) and on her way to bed. I love this face.
Untitled

And in the morning. I love this face too. And check out one of my maternity leave projects - a frame wall finally! We've lived 3 years here without anything on that huge wall opposite the bed. Fail.
Untitled
Untitled

I picked Kasper up from daycare one afternoon and he showed me how he stands up to go potty at school!! What!? They must've taught him that. (I got the waterlogue app everyone has been talking about. It's awesome and it's nice for when you don't want to put the actual picture of your child using the bathroom.)
Painted in Waterlogue

Thursday night we had Steph come over so we could use a restaurant Groupon before it expired. As we looked at the menu on the way out we realized I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything because it all had a dairy product in it. Some quick thinking by Rob and we were on our way to sushi instead!
Untitled
It was a place in Wayzata we had never tried and it was GOOD.

Friday morning I put Marlo in a million bows for her 10 week birthday and we headed up to St. Cloud.
Untitled

We were up in St. Cloud to celebrate birthdays and to just get away from home for a bit. It's so much fun to be here. It's like a vacation. I got a haircut yesterday and Rob came with me. I got my cut, he roamed around Barnes and Noble and we did some shopping at the GAP. Like we didn't have any kids at all.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Saturday afternoon Kasper helped my mom make a birthday cake. Mmmmm! It was dairy free and it was delicious.
DSC_1039.jpg
DSC_1040.jpg
DSC_1044.jpg
DSC_1057.jpg
DSC_1067.jpg

Me and my girl
Untitled
Untitled

This morning Kasper worked on writing his name. I just love seeing him develop these skills. It's so fun!!
DSC_1074.jpg
Bet you didn't know an E was just as many horizontal lines as you can fit.

We left for home after nap time and have been trying to warm up ever since.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP