Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Wonderland

Daycare was closed Monday for President's Day. Rob was home in the morning to help with the kids. It was a snowy morning and we all had fun lounging in our bed before finally getting up.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Kasper helped Rob make a smoothie
DSC_0423.jpg

Then helped me give Marlo a bath.
Untitled
Untitled

Cutie after her nap. Kasper is in the background doing a puzzle. He is a puzzle maniac.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Another puzzle
Untitled
Turns out Big White Blanket has a full name. It's Big White Blanket Keller. Haha!

Monday evening Grandma Sandra and Auntie Phyllis stayed over on their way back to Florida and Washington. Kasper loved having them here - they were a very attentive audience and he had a show to put on. Of course that night Marlo slept terribly and I was up and down basically all night.

Here they are at breakfast before heading to the airport.
Untitled

Tuesday was a regular week day with this girl and me.
DSC_0433.jpg
DSC_0436.jpg
DSC_0472.jpg

Marlo had a bad morning nap so I bundled her up and we went to Target. She slept the whole time and kept sleeping when we got home. 3.5 hours in that car seat!

Marlo's nursing hands
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Miss Marlo all bundled up and ready for a nap.
Untitled

There is a new little girl at Kasper's daycare. When she first started, Kasper was so helpful showing her how to wash her hands and pulling her chair out for her. It's been a week or two and I guess they are still smitten with each other. In fact, the teacher saw K give her a smooch Hahaha! Oh boy. This is a picture daycare sent from Valentine's Day.
Untitled

Wednesday Marlo had a pretty good day! She has the best days when she gets good naps during the day. When she gets too tired she's hard to calm down. When she's well rested she loves to hang out with us and play. I like that for her. What is it about babies in hoods with ears. LOVE IT.
DSC_0725.jpg
DSC_0742.jpg
DSC_0750.jpg
DSC_0754.jpg

Yummy hands! Notice her nose is all wet from sucking on her hand then rubbing it over her face like a kitty. Haha!
DSC_0762.jpg
DSC_0773.jpg

Thursday Marlo turned 2 months old!! It was also crazy hair day at daycare. Check out that mohawk!
Untitled
Untitled
Also check out that big boy. I just love him so much.

Marlo wanted to be just like big brother and have crazy hair too.
Untitled

Marlo has her 2 month appointment next week and we got her 2 month paperwork where we mark what developments she's met. I went through some of the skills with her and we had a fun time. One skill is batting at a toy above her. She doesn't bat at her toys on her play mat so I decided to hold some over her while she was on her changing table. Success! I just love when they start realizing they have hands and legs and feet and an entire body. It's so cool.


She also got a bath. I was marveling over how she's as long as the tub now! Soon she won't be able to lay that way! This week is on the right. The picture on the left is the end of January.
2.21.14 M bath

This week was a little rough as far as Marlo's sleep. Her nighttime sleep hasn't been the best, she's been waking up a number of times over night. Her naps have also been giving her troubles. She wakes up after 45 minutes hopping mad. I used to be able to pop her paci in and she'd go back to sleep but this week she loses her mind before I can calm her. Loses her mind. It's more the morning nap that has been the problem and I think it's because she's unswaddled for that nap and now knows she has hands.
Untitled
Also, we've been working through the second Wonder Week for the last couple weeks.
Untitled
This is why I love being aware of the Wonder Weeks.
Untitled
If you pay attention, it's so awesome to watch these leaps as they happen. It also helps to explain some of the fussiness while they are figuring out these new abilities.

Thursday they were forecasting the biggest snowfall of the season. (side note - haven't we suffered enough in MN this winter??) The snow started around 1 pm on Thursday (top picture). By Friday morning we had a LOT of snow (bottom picture). 9+" of snow to be exact. It doesn't look that deep on the deck rail because it's WINDY as well.
Untitled
And it's heavy slushy snow. I was feeling very lucky to not be on the roads this winter with all the snow and ice and cold. I was also feeling appreciative to the local school district for not canceling school because of snow like the Mpls school district so daycare remained open. Although it's a major headache Rob doesn't have far to drive to bring Kasper to daycare and get to work and no driving on major roads so it's ok to enjoy how really BEAUTIFUL it was outside. You can't beat a heavy snowfall.
IMG_7124.jpg
IMG_7123.jpg
DSC_0814.jpg
DSC_0815.jpg
DSC_0830.jpg
DSC_0832.jpg
2.21.14 snow
Untitled

When Rob picked Kasper up Friday, Kasper wanted to show him his favorite part of daycare. The puppet stage! Hahaha! I wouldn't be surprised if they've never used the puppet stage.
Untitled

Marlo grabbed a toy Friday night! Not the most breaking news but a fun development and one that comes after the second Wonder Week.
DSC_0851.jpg

Yesterday wasn't our favorite. Marlo fought naps like it was her job and Kasper fought us like it was his. His listening has been horrible and he likes to test boundaries constantly. We know it's just a 3 year old being 3 but Oh.My.God it makes for a long day. Rob tried to take him skiing in this awesome new snow but as soon as they got the skis and put them on, Kasper decided he didn't want to run instead then immediately got cold and wanted to go home. Not at all like Kasper -- he must be going through a growth spurt himself. Tired, fussy, whiny.

Oh hi! I'm supposed to be sleeping!
IMG_7243.jpg
2.22.14 M faces
IMG_7217.jpg
IMG_7259.jpg

Marlo finally fell asleep around 8:30 last night. We didn't know how to play it so I went to bed thinking I would get a head start on sleep while she slept an hour or so. Well, she slept a whopping 6 hours on Rob's chest! I went to check on them after a couple hours and I so wish I had my phone because it was so cute. Marlo was on her back on Rob's chest, her little hands up over her head which was being softly rocked by the snores. She was toasty warm on her Papa and slept great.

I'm happy to say today was a MUCH better day. Marlo took a couple naps including a marathon car seat nap which seemed to recharge her. One of her naps was in my arms which doesn't happen very often at all.
Untitled
Loves her hands!
Untitled
Untitled

Yes, today has been a better day so far for everyone but Rob who is doing some weird cleanse diet to get ready for the spring and summer race season. We just got home from The Good Earth (love it) to celebrate my birthday with Steve and Carol, and that sucker Papa had to watch us all eat our delicious meals while he sipped on some herb juice he brought from home. I caught him smelling Kasper's leftover burrito after we got home. Sad.

Hope everyone had a great week!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP