Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fresh air

Man this week flew by. Why does that always happen??

We had a pretty good week! Kasper stayed dry in undies and Marlo slept like a dream downstairs in her Pack and Play. It's about 50/50 if she wakes up to eat at night. If she sleeps all the way through, I notice she barely even moves all night! Kasper rolled over and slept on his tummy when he was able to roll and we stopped swaddling him. Marlo has never rolled over in bed, which is weird because she immediately rolls over when put on her back. In fact, she has been working very hard this week on MOVING. She pushes up all the way on her arms and is starting to get the idea that her legs should be involved somehow and has been trying to put it all together. She can shimmy side to side to cover ground but no crawling yet. In fact, when she gets her knees up her face plows into the ground. Kasper has to watch out because she goes for his toys.
DSC_0280.jpg
DSC_0268.jpg
5.14.14 M tummy
DSC_0260.jpg
5.14.14 M tummy 2

Look at this beauty
DSC_0230.jpg

The weather was wonky as is to be expected in MN. One evening it was sunny so we sat outside with drinks. And baseball. Lots of baseball these days.
DSC_0293.jpg
5.14.14 J and M
DSC_0313.jpg
DSC_0311.jpg
DSC_0331.jpg
DSC_0337.jpg

Bathtime baby! With rollllllls for days.
5.14.14 M and R
5.14.14 M and R 2
DSC_0362.jpg
DSC_0353.jpg

Kasper continues to be an attentive and loving big brother. And my gosh does Marlo love him. I mean, look at that smile.
5.15.14 M car seat
DSC_0383.jpg
It's a good thing there's a lot of love between the 2 because he is always up in her business.
DSC_0391.jpg
DSC_0396.jpg
DSC_0397.jpg

Hi cutie. Hopefully your hair fills in soon!
DSC_0399.jpg
DSC_0400.jpg
DSC_0407.jpg

Marlo still struggles in the evening. Especially if she doesn't nap later in the afternoon. We can usually keep her awake until it's time to take a bath.
image

Yesterday Rob was gone all day, from before we woke up until after we went to bed. That means it was all me. All day. We played in bed a bit before getting up.
image
I thought this little bird was so cute.
DSC_0410.jpg
After breakfast, I even took both kids to Target by myself for groceries and survived. Kasper showed me a wound that had started to heal. My apologies but I thought this was hilarious.
image
After our picnic lunch outside, the kids took a dual nap for about 30 minutes - just long enough to put away the groceries. After Kasper's nap, we played outside until dinner. Half of the time with Marlo and half of the time she went in for another short nap. I had so much fun with Kasper! We played with chalk, rode bikes, played baseball, blowed bubbles.
image
5.17.14 K chalk
DSC_0559.jpg
DSC_0566.jpg
image

I'm just so proud of us all for surviving a whole day. The weather definitely helped by allowing us to be outside most of the time. Rob was down in southern MN riding a 100 mile bike race that was held only on gravel farm roads. It took him over 9 hours. He's crazy and I don't think he'll be trying that again anytime soon.
image
image

This morning after breakfast it was my turn to get out of Dodge. I headed up to St. Cloud for a bridal shower for my sister. The weather was beautiful, the drive was peaceful, the shower was fun, the food was delicious. The hostess lives on a lake and it made my desire to live on a lake some day even stronger. It's just so peaceful to look out over all that water. We got back to my parents house after the shower, looked around and realized it was just the 4 of us which hasn't happened in YEARS.
image
We sat out on the deck and chatted for awhile before Steph and I headed back to the Cities. It was so nice!

Rob was in charge of the rugrats today and did great! It was a beautiful day again and they spent it outside. Kasper discovered the hose.
image
image
image
image

Our friends Adam and Nicole came to meet Marlo and brought their little cutie Oliver. I was sorry I missed their visit, I always love seeing friends kids grow up.
image

Home! I missed these faces today but they had a blast with their Papa.
image

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP