Let it snow...
This is it, I'm afraid. The end of the best fall ever. It was nice and warm, the leaves changed colors and stayed on the trees FOREVER, the precipitation was negligible. Looking back, I think we did a really good job, as a family, of taking advantage of the wonder that was fall this year. Tomorrow is going to be a different story - they're saying anywhere from 3-10 inches of snow will fall. No easing into winter this year!
Kasper's week seemed to be a little harder than usual. He was slightly more sensitive and made some bad choices. Couple that with the fact that he was going right to sleep at bedtime and begging for naps and eating well and I think he's growing. He seemed to take a great interest in exploring how far he could take things with Marlo before she cried or he got in trouble.

Here's another example of Kasper's week - he recently learned how to zip up his jackets but when it wasn't working right away he ended up on the floor in tears.

Marlo had a good week. It took her a couple days to adjust to daylight savings time but she was back to sleeping until 7:30 this morning. Her birthday is looming largely over me lately. I just can't believe she's going to be 1 soon. I've been preparing already and I'm not afraid to admit it.


When did he become such a kid. He looks enormous. At least his facial expressions keep him young.


Friday daycare was closed for a half day and Marlo had her second flu shot. Rob and Aunt Steph volunteered to take care of all that so I stayed at work and finished my experiments for the week. I enjoyed the update photos.

She knows what's coming.

All done! Apparently she squawked twice and was done.

We spent most of yesterday inside because Kasper was unwilling to change out of his shorts to do anything. Eventually he chose to cry in his bed for awhile before getting on with his morning. He was so four this weekend. It was maddening.








Marlo going after some Cheetos.


Big brother helped her up.

After a MUCH needed nap, Rob got Kasper to put pants on and go fly a kite.




The kite was worth the $1 we paid for it, and flew a whole once, spending most of the time either broken or wrapped around a certain someone's extremities. Eventually they just gave up and came home. Hahahaha!
After hearing about Snowmageddon all morning we decided we needed one (possibly) final bike adventure. It was the highlight of the weekend.

















Someone is awake and ready to be released!

Hi Muggins!

I just LOVE wearing her like this. She falls asleep right away and I love how we stay nice and toasty warm.

First family selfie of the day.



Second family selfie! Better this time.

I love this baby.

The kids went down for a nap and Rob went out on the Great Boot Hunt of 2014 (Kasper grew out of his and Target was already sold out). Also the Great Gas Run (what if we need to use the snow blower?!). This snow is making everyone nervous! When Kasper woke up we set out to make a paper chain to help us look forward to all of the things we are looking forward to. I tell you, those 16 days between December 20 and January 5 are going to be CRAZY around here. So many birthdays, so many major holidays. Ack.

Kasper did awesome with those zizzors as well as the stapler. A fun project.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment