Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day!

Monday. Also, siblings.
IMG_6667
IMG_6670
IMG_6680
IMG_6682
IMG_6691

I caught Marlo singing her current fave - Waltzing Matilda.
IMG_6663

Kasper wanted to put Marlo to bed. He was going to read to her then rock her and lay her down. Guess how it went.
IMG_6705
IMG_6716
IMG_6731
IMG_6746
(She's not even pretending to listen.)
IMG_6753

Meltdown imminent.
IMG_6769
IMG_6778
IMG_6781

Uh oh.
IMG_6787

IMG_6807
IMG_6827
IMG_6883

She got a paci and a second chance.
IMG_6951
IMG_6954
IMG_6956
IMG_6965

Daycare sent me these from water play day. Could she be any cuter?
IMG_7024
IMG_7021

Not giving her brother an inch during his screen time.
IMG_6996
IMG_7012

Humidity's a beast, amiright?
IMG_7019

Playground during t-ball. It was pretty hot this week! Rob was helping coach this week so I was on full time Marlo duty. I didn't really get to watch the boys but it sounds like it was fun! It won't be long until Marlo can play on a playground without almost killing herself every 2 minutes.
IMG_7029
IMG_7030
IMG_7037
IMG_7047
IMG_7057
IMG_7072
IMG_7075
IMG_7077
IMG_7085

Rob was gone most of the morning and afternoon yesterday. It was really hot so the kids and I found things to do around the house. It was the first time we've done that in awhile and my introverted sensibility thanked me. We made cupcakes for Papa and made Father's Day cards. Pardon the w-sitting Aunt Steph.
IMG_7106
IMG_7109
These were watermelon cupcakes but I mistakenly assumed they were plain and just colored pink. They are watermelon flavored. Why?? They're pretty gross.
DSC_7782.jpg
DSC_7785.jpg
DSC_7788.jpg
DSC_7776.jpg
DSC_7802.jpg
IMG_7111
IMG_7115
IMG_7128

We set up the slip and slide after naps. Photo by Marlo.
DSC_7811.jpg
DSC_7817.jpg
DSC_7825.jpg
DSC_7829.jpg
DSC_7830.jpg
DSC_7840.jpg
DSC_7842.jpg
She's debating whether or not she's going to get involved. Also, let's hear it for her fear of outside going away.
DSC_7856.jpg
DSC_7860.jpg
DSC_7864.jpg
DSC_7866.jpg
DSC_7869.jpg
DSC_7879.jpg
DSC_7887.jpg
DSC_7889.jpg
DSC_7891.jpg
DSC_7897.jpg
DSC_7900.jpg
DSC_7910.jpg
6.18.16 K slide
DSC_7925.jpg
DSC_7929.jpg
DSC_7932.jpg
DSC_7937.jpg

For Father's Day, Rob requested beignets. I didn't have any mix so I had to make them from scratch. I used this recipe (because I didn't have any evaporated milk like most recipes list) and they were AMAZING. Great flavor, super airy and basically the best.
IMG_7131

After breakfast Rob took the kids to a playground while I went to get groceries. I swung by the playground when I was done. It is HOOOOOOT today. Marlo chose an impractical playground dress but you try telling her that.
IMG_7132
IMG_7136
IMG_7138
IMG_7142
IMG_7145
IMG_7149
IMG_7154
IMG_7157

Time to go home! Marlo wanted to carry all the stuff to the car.
IMG_7158
IMG_7161
IMG_7164
There she goes.
IMG_7170

Kasper had his last day of soccer today but apparently felt "too shy" to play so he didn't! They came back home and set up the slip and slide. I don't know which kid it's most fun for.
IMG_7184

We celebrated Father's Day with Grandpa Steve and Carol.
IMG_7190

It was a slower weekend this weekend and it was lovely! Hopefully we'll avoid the nasty weather pushing through the state and the week looks wonderful. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP