Sunday, August 19, 2018

Dog days

We are in the dog days of summer now. It hasn't rained in weeks, it's about 90 degrees and humid everyday. Uff da!

We had a pretty quiet week. Kasper had his end of summer carnival Wednesday at Explorers. The older kids set up and manned the games and the younger kids played.
IMG_8070
IMG_8072
IMG_8074

Thursday morning Kappy woke up with a sore throat, headache and stomach ache. His throat didn't look red, he didn't have a fever and he ate a good breakfast so off he went! He played all day and the report was he was fine. He was still complaining after dinner so off he went to Urgent Care. Strep throat! I had a strong suspicion that's what it was with those 3 symptoms and it was a good learning experience for me that you can have strep without your throat being red at all.
IMG_8099

So Kap got to go to work with Rob Friday!
IMG_2813
IMG_2821
IMG_8080

I had work I had to do and I don't have an office so thankfully Kasper was happy to play his tablet for a couple hours (ahem.). I took the light rail the 3 stops down to Rob's office, gathered the boy and took him back to campus. It was a highlight of his day.
IMG_2824

We had a mostly free weekend which hasn't happened in a long time! Kasper marveled at breakfast yesterday morning how it feels to him that he hasn't had a weekend in forever! After breakfast the kids and I went for a walk.
IMG_8083
IMG_8089

In the afternoon we went to a friends house for a waterslide party which was super fun then this morning we met the Oehlers for brunch! We hadn't seen them in so long Harriet is a walker now! The rest of today was errands, legos, coloring, big dinner. We're refreshed for the final week of our crazy summer schedule.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP