Sunday, December 13, 2020

Holiday prep isolation

This week we started our two-week isolation in preparation for seeing family over Christmas! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are all isolating too, and we can't wait to see them in person again. 

Thankfully everyone but me was already home so it wasn't a huge adjustment. I worked Monday through Wednesday, frantically finishing up a bunch of work because I'll be out for over 3 weeks. Then I got to jump right back into distance learning facilitation. 

Basement learning one day.

IMG_3392 IMG_3393

Reading time

IMG_3428 IMG_1298

This week went really well. Marlo cried much less at the beginning of the week and by the end didn't even try it at all. The 1st grade teachers added a 10 minute, 1-on-1 session this week which I think was a fantastic idea. Marlo chattered away the whole time, showing her teacher all the art she's been making (believe me, it's a lot). It seems like a bit of undivided attention from the teacher goes a long way in helping the little kids not feel so lost in the shuffle. I have to give huge props to both kids' teachers. They each have a group of 3 teachers and 2 paras so the days feel very well thought-out and supported. Those teachers work SO HARD. 

I think the kids are VERY SLIGHTLY getting bored with screens. They won't necessarily pull themselves away on their own (Kasper especially) but once we suggest a walk or that they play a game together, they are pretty into it.

IMG_3431 

One more full week of distance learning before a short week and then Christmas! That happened fast, didn't it? Hope everyone had a great week!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP