Highs and lows
Marlo came down with a fever last weekend and was feeling so bad she wasn't really eating or talking at all. So Monday I took her to Urgent Care. Along with every other child in the trials-county area. Our usual clinic urgent care had a wait of 6 hours so we went to a stand alone place who said their wait was 1.5 hours. It was 4 but that's better than 2! We got there at 10:30 and around 11 they closed the UC to more patients for the day. What I'm saying is, it's nuts out there and unfortunately we found ourselves in the mix. Everyone that checked into UC complained of a fever and terrible sore throat. I asked the nurse what the results have been and she said flu. Sure enough, about 30 seconds after the nose swab was taken, Marlo for her positive result for influenza A. Somehow we've never had the flu in our house!


0 comments:
Post a Comment