Sunday, March 13, 2011

10 weeks

Double digits, baby! 10 weeks old! It's scary to think that I was going to be going back to work in 2 weeks. I am nowhere near ready to leave Kasper during the day. I'm thankful to have an extra 4 weeks even if it is without a paycheck.

The week started off with a trip to the Dr. for Kasper's 2 month well baby visit. Our pediatrician is leaving the clinic to go to another, so we had to find a new Dr and reschedule our 2 month visit. Instead of asking around for another recommendation, I just made an appointment with whoever had a spot open around March 1. We ended up with Dr. Melanie Lind-Ayers. Rob didn't know the Dr's name before the appointment, so it was a surprise to him that he went to college with her! I really, really liked her and we've changed her to Kasper's primary pediatrician. She said everything looked good.

His stats:
Weight - 12 lbs 5 ozs - 75%
Height - 24 in - 75%
Head - 15 in - 10%

10th percentile in head size!! It sort of freaked me out that he has such a small head and a large body, but he was in the 10% when he was born, so he's staying on the curve which I guess is most important. He moved up from 50% - 75% for weight from birth and stayed at 75% for length.

Then came the dreaded shots. We are vaccinating on the recommended schedule so K got 3 shots and an oral vax. I have to hand it to the nurse, she was FAST! She was done with all 3 shots before Kasper realized what was happening. Then he let loose with some soul piercing wails. I think Rob and I teared up a bit as well. We hung out in the room for awhile while I nursed the boy and he calmed down.

By the time we got home, he seemed pretty much back to normal!

DSC_0286
DSC_0289
DSC_0303
DSC_0313
DSC_0314
DSC_0315
DSC_0319
DSC_0333
DSC_0347

We laid down for a nap
DSC_0358

And when K woke up, he was FUSSY! He was definitely off. He didn't want to be held or be put down or eat. I gave him a little baby Tylenol and he seemed to feel better. He had a nice bath and was chatty afterwards.



Kasper was grumpy most of the rest of the week. Nothing terrible, but he was not his normal happy self. He also decided to cut down on sleeping at night. He was sleeping 5-6 hours but thought 4 or less was more his speed for a couple nights. Going from 1 to 2 nighttime feedings doesn't sound horrible on paper, but it was hard on me. Luckily K has turned a corner (fingers crossed) and slept 7 hours last night!!

We had our last baby class on Wednesday. *Tear* I had such a great time in that class and would recommend it to any new Mom. It was just what I needed to get myself comfortable getting out of the house. I shudder to think what life would be like if I didn't go to class. I still wouldn't know what to pack in the diaper bag, I wouldn't be comfortable nursing anywhere but home, I would be paralyzed with fear about going out to eat with a baby, etc. It was soooo good for me. Our little group got along so well we have plans to meet at one of the girl's house next week and at another's next month. We also decided to continue with our group at Amma with a Beyond Newborn class starting in May. Our group leader will lead again and we'll meet Wednesday nights at 6:30 for another 6 weeks. It'll be fun to meet after we're all back at work to compare notes on being working mothers.

From the last class - only 6 of the 9 of us were there. One baby was in the hospital with RSV. How scary.
IMG_3497

The babies
IMG_3494

It's funny seeing Kasper in a picture with other babies. I almost feel like I wouldn't recognize him out of context!

We spent the rest of the week hanging out at home. Kasper was fussy and needed sleep, so I was fine with that. I did find numerous opportunities to take numerous photos.

Tummy time fail. As usual. We have to get better at doing more tummy time each day. Homeboy is getting a flat spot on his head!
DSC_0363
DSC_0369
DSC_0372

Looking at the toys on his playmat. He still doesn't grab the toys but can bat at them on accident.
DSC_0378
DSC_0381
DSC_0384
DSC_0387
DSC_0399

More chatting


As Kasper's eyes are changing colors, I noticed that he has the same little brown spot in the same eye as me! If you can see in this picture from last week, there is a little brown at the bottom of my left iris.
DSC_0250

Check out K's left eye!
DSC_0842
DSC_0843

It's maybe hard to see, but it's there.

We're now in St. Cloud for the weekend celebrating my and my Dad's birthdays. As usual, everyone is having a great time here. I don't know what it is about St. Cloud but my dog and baby dig it.

Playing with Papa




Papa dressing the baby
DSC_0942

We've seen this before!
DSC_0950

With Grandpa
DSC_1055

With Grandma Sandra
DSC_0957
DSC_1009

Haven't seen this face for awhile! His poor eyes got stuck crossed for a minute. Still cute.
DSC_1010

I took about 300 pictures one afternoon this week (that's not an exaggeration). I wanted to play around with different settings on the camera. I may do a separate post on what I was doing if anyone is interested. I was excited to learn a new dSLR trick!

Whew!

10 weeks - New mama classes are good for you, shots make fussy babies, St. Cloud makes happy babies.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP