Two months
Kasper -
Today you are 2 months old. You are not our little newborn baby anymore! I almost can't remember what you were like when you were so tiny. As you continue to grow and explore your world, Papa and I are so grateful to be right there with you. This month we saw you smiling, talking, sucking on your hands and noticing your toys.
The smiles are too much. You don't hold back when it comes to handing them out and will smile at anyone. I hope you continue to do that. Your changing table is your favorite place to be. I think you could stay up there for hours talking at the wall. You are talking more and more everyday and are experimenting with volumes. Sometimes you really have something to shout about and sometimes you want to keep it quiet. Lately, when you are done nursing you will look up, smile, and whisper little sweet nothings to me. It's the cutest.
Your hands are quickly becoming your favorite toy. Once you remember about them, they are always in your mouth. You are slowly noticing that your hands can be used to bat at the toys on your play mat. You love to spend time on your mat giggling at yourself in the mirror and hitting your toys. I also like to angle you so when you kick your legs, you kick the legs of the mat and make all the toys dance around. That makes you happy.
You are a good eater still, obviously. I took you to a lactation consultant yesterday because I had some concerns about your eating habits. You can take a whole meal in about 4 minutes! She said you were perfect and will just have to eat more frequently for awhile since you fill up too fast. You have your 2 month check up next week where we'll get all your official measurements. Everyone comments on what a healthy baby you are.
Your sleeping is hit or miss. You seem to sleep well one night then not as well the next and alternate that way. I don't think we do anything different from night to night. We have a loose bedtime routine that involves a nice bath, bottle and book. We haven't quite nailed down when you like to go to sleep. It's sometime between 8-10. Your record stretch of sleep is 6 hours but you consistently get 4 for the first part of the night. Your sleep after you wake up varies - mostly based on how much gas you have to pass. We are trying mylicon drops but haven't seen a big difference yet. You can be quite angry in the morning until you clear everything out. We're working on naps. Like your night sleep, you nap well one day then not as well the next. We think you are on a 48 hour schedule instead of 24 hours. Lately you get a couple 2+ hour naps a day (sometimes 3+ hours!) then a couple 45 minute - 1 hour ones. You usually wake up happy, so I assume you are getting the sleep you need even if it's not as much as the books say you should have.
You really are a fun baby and we enjoy watching you grow up (and out)!
I love you,
Mom
Some outtakes:
Then he found his hands and I lost him...
This onesie is really fighting the good fight. Time to retire it, clearly.
And oh yeah... HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!
1 comments:
You have the cutest baby! Happy early Birthday - have a good one tomorrow!
Post a Comment