Monday, May 30, 2011

21 weeks

Wow did this week fly by! I think time goes too fast when you're trying to savor moments. We had a good week! Things are continuing to go better at daycare. I think Kasper actually loves being there. I feel bad picking him up at the end of the day because he looks like he's having so much fun! Usually he's in an exersaucer when I pick him up. Rob got a video of it on Friday. It's a little blurry but it's clear he's having an awesome time.



We set up our own exersaucer last weekend and he just doesn't seem to like it as much as the one at daycare. Maybe that one is nice and broken in.
DSC_0067-1.jpg
DSC_0075-1.jpg

So daycare is ok. We're still looking to get in at a couple other places, but Kasper's fine here for the time being. There continue to be a couple weird things that happen during the week but it's nothing dangerous or anything so we live with it. I know the teachers love him and I can tell he likes being there.

Kasper has continued to sleep in his crib and is generally sleeping through the night except for 1 wake-up at around 2. He's pretty hungry at 2 so I feed him and he sleeps until we get him up. I'm so happy the transition into the crib wasn't a big deal. I was worried. I suppose I should just trust that the little dude can handle it. He's such a good baby.

Since he seems to really dig jumping, we also pulled out the Johnny-Jump-Up. I lived in this thing when I was little. I think K's a little too small for it at this point because all he does is spin around but I think he'll get it. He just looks so silly.
DSC_0123-1.jpg
DSC_0137-1.jpg
DSC_0128-1.jpg

Since Kasper has been sleeping at daycare, he usually refuses a nap when we get home, although I always try. One afternoon I was a little sleepy so K and I laid down on the couch and took a one and a half hour nap. That was refreshing and sweet!

I thought maybe I could change to the less constricting Woombie for naps. Nope.
DSC_0188-1.jpg

Since he's happy in the evenings, we've had such a great time together and I don't feel like I never see him. We play in the jumper or play rolling over or we just go and lay outside on the off chance it's sunny.

DSC_0226-1.jpg
DSC_0231.jpg
outside 5.26.11
DSC_0240-1.jpg
DSC_0262-1.jpg

We headed up to St. Cloud on Friday after work. We had lasagna at Sandra's then Saturday morning Rob did the Apple Duathlon in Sartell. It was a beautiful morning and Rob did AWESOME! He placed in 61 place overall in a pretty competitive field.
photo(8)

After the race, we raced back down to the Cities to clean the house quick for an afternoon showing then headed over to my Aunt & Uncle's for my cousin's grad party. It was the first time we'd seen anyone from that side of the family since Kasper was born!

Kasper got to meet his Great Grandpa and Grandma Keller.
DSC_0271-1.jpg
DSC_0277-1.jpg

He was a little overwhelmed as soon as we got there but got over it pretty quickly and did a great job of being passed around. He's a very social baby.

After the party, my Mom, Dad and sister came over to our house to babysit while Rob and I went to a movie! We went to see Bridesmaids. I actually laughed until I cried. I thought it was hilarious. We got ourselves a big bucket of popcorn, a cherry coke and quizzed ourselves on state capitals until the movie started. It was nice to be able to do something just the 2 of us again. Would you have guessed that Rob knows all the state capitals? Of course he knows them. He's a savant. I knew the capitals of the states that touch Minnesota and Kentucky because of a saying I used to learn them in 5th grade. "Ken-U-Tucky a Frankfurter in your pocket?" Feel free to borrow that.

While we were on the way to the movie, Steph called and said Kasper started to roll back to tummy! I guess he was rolling all over the place for them! He only does these things for an audience and the audience seems to have to have my sister in it. He must be showing off because he knows she's a PT. He only started rolling tummy to back last week! Next thing you know he'll be walking!

This weekend was also memorable because we started solids! I think he has been clearly ready for awhile now. You remember the chewing? He was doing it all the time.



So we got some rice cereal, mixed it with a little bit of milk and let him eat! I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe he'd spit it out or make a funny face. Nope. Dude ate it like he's been doing it for years. He was almost working the spoon himself. And he looks exhausted because he was. He went right to bed after his meal.
DSC_0298.jpg
DSC_0303-1.jpg



He was almost like, "Finally, guys!"

After breakfast, cuddling with Mom and Dad
DSC_0320-1.jpg
DSC_0332-1.jpg
DSC_0344-1.jpg

It looks like Memorial Day is going to be dark and stormy this year in MN. It's a nice excuse to stay inside and cuddle and play for one more day before heading back to work tomorrow. At least that's what I'll tell myself when I look outside and get grumpy that the street lights are on at 10 am.

21 weeks: Big changes for the little guy - rolling all over the place and eating real food!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP