Belated 28 weeks
Me again! I wanted to write Kasper's 28 week post before he's 29 weeks. I write these posts as much for myself as anyone else because I like to look back to see how much he's grown. And MY how he's grown.
K was a total trooper during the move. (So was Lois - she was made to live in Eden Prairie.) I think Kas had a bit of a growth spurt late last week and this weekend because it seemed like he was constantly hungry. He was waking up 3-4 times a night and would eat ravenously. It made for some sleepless nights and reminded me of the newborn days. The nursery was the first room we painted so we could set up Kasper's crib and changing table and get him back into his familiar surroundings.
It's been so fun to watch Kasper play in his new house. With all of the carpet, we can just plop him down and he plays for hours. He is a very reliable sitter now and always wants to be sitting and playing.
Here's a nice look at the deck from the other side of the sunroom. We need to get a table out there for grilling! And I don't know if I mentioned it in the previous post but there are no stairs leading down from the deck so it's perfect dog and soon baby containment.
We spent our mornings in the sunroom this weekend.
Eating cereal
Now that we have the room, I broke out the highchair for the boy! It actually straps onto one of our kitchen chairs. Sigh. My little baby is getting so big.
K is up to 3 meals a day. I'm still not so great at introducing new foods every 3-4 days but we've added oatmeal, squash and applesauce. At daycare, Kasper is eating at least 15 ounces of milk a day plus breakfast and lunch. I feed him dinner when we get home. I think he's finally getting the amount of food he needs to grow. He's getting noticeably heavier and looks more filled out. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I hope that he wasn't going hungry at the old daycare. Ugh. He's eating well at daycare, sleeping well at daycare. His teachers love him and never miss an opportunity to tell us so. His interests at daycare include but are not limited to: dancing, going outside, being on his belly and looking at the other kids. These are some of the notes on his report cards. I am so in love with this place. I'm happy he gets to spend time with other kids at a place he really enjoys.
So, Kasper is doing awesome. He becomes more and more of a little toddler every day. In fact, I think he's going to CRAWL soon.
Stay tuned.
I'll leave you with some pictures of Kasper and Lois from Sunday morning.
Lois has had enough. Bye Lois.
Could you die from the cuteness?
1 comments:
I've said it once and I'll say it again: he's adorable! He's really growing and he looks so grown up sitting on his own. I love the picture of Jess and Kasper sitting, with Kasper looking up at her. Precious! Good luck with all the moving-in stuff; let me know if I can help!
-- Love, Grandma Sandra
Post a Comment