Daycare update
Kasper is now on day 3 at his new daycare. What a completely different world! The teachers are all very professional and sweet. The first day, I handed him off to a teacher and he cried! That was the first time that happened! He stuck that bottom lip way out and cried! It broke my heart. One of the staff called me after his morning nap to report on his day and said that he perked up when other kids showed up and was having a great time.
K is now on a daily schedule. He starts the day with a hand wash (they wash the kid's hands multiple times a day) and then breakfast. There's a binder in the room where you can mark which foods your child has eaten so they avoid feeding anything new. Since we started apples yesterday, I marked it in the book and they now mix his cereal with applesauce! After breakfast, they have circle time where they play instruments and sing songs. At 10 am is nap time. Apparently Kasper has been sleeping in a swing because he won't sleep in his crib. He'll get there eventually and since he's sleeping an hour in the swing, I won't push crib naps yet. He's still sleeping well at night. After naps, they have lunch and then go play outside or take a buggy ride! 1:30 is nap #2 and after that nap, the kids have some free time to scream around the room! The infant room goes up to 1.5 years, so there are a few walkers in with the babies.
It really is a refreshing change from the last place and my fear that they wouldn't show affection to Kasper never really happened. Yay! So far, K is eating 15 ounces of milk at his new daycare and 2 meals vs 9-12 ounces at the old place. I wonder if there were more reasons to why he is so skinny. We still have to work on the naps, but I think it's just difficult for him to relax when there's so much going on. He's a very social kid.
We missed jersey day yesterday, but we'll get in on the next theme day in 2 weeks. I can't wait to hear what it is. And the sign this week is "music".
So anyway, things are good and I'm so glad we made the switch.
(Isn't that picture cool? I found the instructions on pinterest and wanted to try it myself. I think I need to pick a photo with more dark colors next time, but it's still neat.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment