Wednesday, October 5, 2011

9 months - the stats

We brought Kasper to the doctor this morning for his 9 month checkup. I know people enjoy seeing the stats, so I thought I'd share them.

Weight: 17.4 pounds - 8%
Height: 28.25" - 50%
Head: 17" - 5%

Sigh. We're basically peering over the edge of the growth charts for weight and head size. Our pediatrician is the coolest, though. She's not overly worried about it since he is still growing. She said she sees growth slow down when babies start crawling and becoming more active. Kasper is VERY active so he's probably not getting enough calories to support his activity level. Since he is meeting or exceeding his developmental milestones and his body appears to be in working order, there's nothing obvious going on. I'm a little upset about it but all I can do is be in the "wait and see" camp.

Does this look like a baby who is falling off the growth charts?? I don't get it.

DSC_0306-1.jpg
DSC_0314-1.jpg
DSC_0330-1.jpg
DSC_0334-1.jpg
DSC_0341-1.jpg
DSC_0347-1.jpg
(These were taken in our hotel room in Longview)

Anyone else have babies slide down the growth chart but then catch up? Any advice?

1 comments:

Erin October 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Annie has always been on the small side, but she definitely fell down the growth chart. Never off, and she was always close to her own curve, so the doc was never concerned. We never did anything different. She's still a peanut, but she's meeting her milestones and eats well, so I don't really concern myself with it at all. I figure the doc would be concerned if necessary!

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP