Kasper: 18 months
Kasper -
You are a year and a half old. You are no longer a baby, that's for sure! I'll miss celebrating your half birthday with you this year and I'm sure I'll be shocked by how much you've grown while I was away.
Your little personality is BURSTING out. You talk, talk, talk all the time and have very important things to say. You love to ask about an item over and over and over then a week later you can name it. You're working on your "s" sounds right now and it about kills me dead. Keys, cheese, Sissy said with a baby lisp is the cutest. You have a huge vocabulary.
I can't even attempt to count the words you say. You can name a handful of shapes - circle, diamond, moon, star - as well as a hand full of colors - amarillo (yellow and you say amayo), pink, purple, and blue. You can point to almost all moving vehicles but only say car and truck.
You can name most of your classmates and even say hi and bye bye to them at school. In fact, I picked you up last week and as I was on my way in a parent was all flustered, stopped me and said "I think Kasper just said Bye Bye Oliver!!" Such a polite boy.
You love to read and have books read to you. You are so eager to learn and I love it. You love playing with your cars and driving them around the room. You still love to drag a broom, stick or shovel around the yard.
You and Lois play all the time and she is so gentle with you. Your latest game is "ni ni". You also LOVE to climb. You climb on your step stool, on the couch, on your chair, up my legs, any way you can! You climb up then down, up then down, over and over. In fact getting down in new and unusual ways is part of the fun. You almost never walk anywhere anymore, you RUN.
You are 100% boy and it's hilarious. You go through phases with your eating where you eat awesome for a few days then you don't want to eat anything. I'm trying to go with the flow and not make food a huge issue but I still haven't shaken my neuroses with trying to get you to gain weight. You DO drink a half gallon of whole milk in less than a week. You love milk just like your papa.
I'm happy to report that since last month, you've had 4 teeth break through. The first was a lateral incisor which is hilarious because the side tooth was coming in before the front ones. So far they're just peeking out of the gums, but you'll look like such a big boy with your top front teeth!
You are still a wonderful sleeper. You'd think with 5 teeth coming through at once you'd fuss about them but you really haven't. Maybe it's the amber necklace??? You still get a paci at night but I'm not going to worry about it at this point. It usually falls out right away and you are able to sleep all night so I don't think you really need it to soothe yourself overnight so I'm hoping taking it away isn't so traumatic.
One not so cool new thing are the fears you've acquired. You seemed to go through a spell where you got terrified easily by things that you see and hear every day. For awhile it was the ceiling fan, the doorbell, the dog barking. You scream and bury your little face in my neck. Now, I'm not one to turn away a snuggle but I'd rather you didn't have to be terrified to get one. You're also getting a bit more clingy with me when I drop you off at daycare. I'm thinking it's just a phase. That is, I'm hoping it's just a phase
You are such a wonderful little boy. I love you so much.
Love, Mama
0 comments:
Post a Comment