A Superior Weekend
We had a typical week for the first time in a couple weeks, so that was nice. It's been pretty steamy so we haven't been spending a ton of time outside. We have been getting out for some wee sessions, of course.
We spend lots of time inside where it's still pretty steamy.
This was the first week when Kasper's little teeth have been more noticeable and I LOVE it! It was my personal mission to get tons of pictures of the little guys. There are 3 completely through on the top and 1 on the bottom. There's a 4th top tooth working its way through and is really, really close.
I was in charge of a couple bedtimes this week and boy did we have a fun time!
I even got video of Kasper going through his colors. He says a couple in Spanish and a couple in English. If I would've waited a couple days to film this, maybe he would have also said "yellow". (Ano is short for anaranjado)
Kasper had his 18 month check-up on Friday. So far he's right on track in his development! We talked about various fears that keep popping up: ceiling fans, elevators, shutting doors, etc. It sounds like fears are normal around this age and we have to keep exposing Kasper to these things so he knows there's nothing wrong. We've actually had a number of ceiling fan challenges this week and things are getting better. I also had to ask about the amount of milk Kasper drinks - he can down a gallon a week!! Again, fine if it doesn't cause him to eat less food.
His stats:
Weight: 22 lbs - 6%
Length: 33.25" - 75%
Head: 18" - 5%
Exactly the same as the last appt for weight and head size and jumped 10% for length! It's pretty crazy he only gained 1 pound in the last month but he's still at 6%.
Saturday morning we loaded into the car and headed up to Duluth!
We spent the weekend at the Pearson's with friends! We did some playing and eating lunch when we got there then most of the kiddos took a nap. When everyone was fed and well rested, we headed out to the beach! It was over 90 degrees, which sounds like it's pretty rare for Duluth, and the beach was PACKED. I've never actually been in Lake Superior before but yesterday it felt refreshing!
I think all the fallen trees are from the recent flooding in Duluth. Crazy.
Kasper had to get used to walking in a life jacket. Now you see him, now you don't!
All the kids! Kasper is the youngest by 6 months. The little one in the pink life jacket lives in Norway now! She and her parents are back in the US for a few weeks this summer so it was a real treat to see them. The cutie in the strawberry hat is the closest in age to Kasper and they had a lot of fun playing together. The 3 boys in bucket hats belong to the hosts and are a total riot. I got such a kick out of those brothers.
The Pearson Boys
We hung out at the Pearson's house last night and ate, played in the yard, and sweated. Kasper got to go to bed an hour later, which was great for him! He got a nice bath and went to bed in his pack and play. The adults did more hanging out and I went to bed around 11. Come 1 am, Kasper is up and yelling. UGH. I eventually had to go get Rob who was enjoying a bonfire. Kasper was up until about 4 when he finally went back to sleep until 7. He just does NOT sleep well when he's not in his bed. It's weird because he took a nice long nap and also went down with no problem. It's just in the middle of the night that he can't do it. I sort of wonder if he sees us in his room and wants to get up. That has to be it. Regardless, it's the worst and I don't think we'll be spending the night anywhere for awhile. (I should point out that I just can't do middle of the night wake ups. It makes me over-dramatic.)
We got up this morning to a delicious breakfast and coffee. I had many cups of coffee. Somehow Kasper woke us up with giggles. Like he forgot he didn't sleep half the night.
It was so nice of Keely and Mickey to have all of us over. We really had a great time!
We decided to leave after breakfast since Kasper was not-so-subtly indicating he wanted a nap. We did stop in Canal Park to pop into Duluth Pack and Northern Waters Smokehouse for lunch to go.
Kasper slept for the first couple hours home then decided he didn't need a nap in the afternoon. He spent an hour in his crib not sleeping but being quiet so after that hour he came out and played. Wouldn't you know he was the most fun little boy!
TEETH!
Seriously so fun. I was expecting the worst with the night he had and no nap.
When Kasper decides he wants to dance, he yells "baila" (Spanish for dance), runs over to the iPod and turns it on then runs to the ottoman and dances.
Whew! Another long one but we've been keeping busy! Have a good week.
0 comments:
Post a Comment