Kasper: 21 months
Kasper -
You are 21 months old today!
If my calculations are correct, you will be 2 years old in 3 short months. How did that happen? We went to Excelsior on Lake Minnetonka this weekend and I thought the pictures I took were so YOU I had to save them for your monthly post.
Some of your LIKES:
- Singing: You looooove to sing. You sing by yourself and you sing with us. Your favorites are the ABCs and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
- Lois: You and Lois play all the time. Sometimes she bothers you but most of the time you are trying to engage her somehow.
- Moving: Walking, running, dancing, jumping, riding in the car, riding in the stroller, riding in the wagon, swinging on the swing, etc. You need to be moving at all times.
- Grandmas and Grandpas: You are really in to your Grandparents right now and totally prefer them to your parents if you have the choice.
- Talking: You talk constantly and amaze us with the words you learn every day. You especially like to find like things right now. You'll see a bus, then another bus, then say "Two bus." I know you can count higher but right now you only point out groups of 2. You also like to talk about colors and point them out as well. This weekend you started to say "Ok" after a lot of your sentences. I think I do that and you say it just like me when I'm trying to get message through to you. One phrase I could do without (After "MINE, KASPER") is "Go Away." You actually push us and tell us to go away.
- Throwing stuff: You love to throw anything. You don't have the ability to notice you're about to hit someone. I speak from experience.
- Ni-Ni: You are really into your blanket. You like to carry it around, hug it, lay it on the floor and lay on it. You haven't attached to anything in your little life so far so I'm surprised to see you seek out a lovey. I wonder if it has something to do with comforting you at daycare.
- Favorite foods: milk, fruit, tuna, cheese, chicken, bread. You're a pretty adventurous eater if you've decided you can spare the time to eat.
Some of your DISLIKES:
- Someone having something you want: You're a little possessive with toys and things lately and claim that everything is MINE, KASPER.
- Coming in from outside
- Eating dinner at the table: You eat just a couple bites of food at the table before getting down and asking for food while you play.
- Least favorite foods: eggs of any kind, pasta
You have 8 teeth with 4 more coming in right now (maybe more). 3 of those are molars! They look painful but you're handling it like a champ.
You wear clothes anywhere from 12 month to 2T! I'm happy you now wear clothes close to your age. You're still a skinny fellow. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. We don't have to buy as many clothes if you don't get wider with time - you're wearing the same jackets you wore last fall!
You cry in the mornings when I drop you off at daycare. You never used to cry in the baby room but you do every day now. The teachers say many kids cry at this age. It sure does make me sad to have to peel you off of me and leave!
You are such a little boy and you make our lives fun.
Love you, Bub
Mama
P.S. This is an outtake, obvs, but it makes me giggle every time I look at it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment