Sunday, September 30, 2012

W is for Weekend

I can tell it's Fall in MN even though it's in the 80's half the time. (That's an exaggeration but it seems to be a little warm for fall.) Our maples are teasing us by dropping some of their leaves. It's enough to think - "Oh! Maybe this year won't be as bad as far as raking goes." You have to remember to look up, though. It'll be just as bad.
9.26.12 K leaves
DSC_0247-1.jpg

Anyone else think the guy needs a haircut? Too bad he despises them.
DSC_0266-1.jpg
DSC_0269-1.jpg

Here's a video of the kids playing. Lois gets the biggest giggles out of Kasper.


Kasper now mimes whiskers when you ask what a cat says. I got these pictures earlier in the week. (That yellow bag thing is the net to K's bath basketball hoop. It looks weird.)
9.27.12 meow
9.27.12 meow 2

I did get a small video of it today


DSC_0326-1.jpg
9.27.12 K bath
Splash!
DSC_0329-1.jpg
DSC_0337-1.jpg
DSC_0355-1.jpg
DSC_0380-1.jpg

Thursday was our anniversary so Rob and I took a half day off work and celebrated downtown! I actually headed downtown with some co-workers and we met Rob at the food trucks for lunch. It was just as delicious as last week! After lunch Rob and I set out on our own. We were sort of lost with what to do with free time. We stopped in a couple shops then ended up at Brit's Pub for drinks. It was 80 degrees out so the patio was busy.
Untitled
We treated ourselves to an overnight in a suite at the W Hotel. (Which used to be the Foshay Tower. We were on the 27th floor!)
Untitled
Sandra picked Kasper up for daycare and stayed at our house with him. They had a great time and we were able to enjoy our time away. We're so lucky to have family willing and able to take care of K.

We went up to the observation deck before dinner. What views!
DSC_0392-1.jpg
9.28.12 W rooftop
DSC_0403-1.jpg
DSC_0410-1.jpg
DSC_0412-1.jpg
DSC_0416-1.jpg
DSC_0419-1.jpg

We went to the Melting Pot for dinner. We hadn't been there for awhile and honestly I think it'll be awhile until we go again. Oh well.
DSC_0444-1.jpg
We went back to the hotel after dinner and went up to the bar - Prohibition - to have a drink. Turns out we could've just gone back to our room! We mentioned when we checked in that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we got back, there was a bottle of wine, 2 wine glasses and a box of truffles with a sweet card from the hotel wishing us a Happy Anniversary. It was so cute! We watched a movie in the living room on the couch while we drank our wine. It was a pretty fun evening!

We went to breakfast at Hell's Kitchen Saturday morning. It was delicious as usual and we were even surprised by live music! At brunch!
Untitled

We were excited to get back to the boy. I swear he gets older by the day.



Funny pjs.
9.29.12 K pjs

I look forward to home mornings all week. Sometimes it's Saturday, sometimes it's Sunday. I don't care as long as it happens. They start with bringing the baby into bed for an attempt at cuddles followed by a pot of coffee and awesome sun in the sunroom. It's followed by fresh air getting the newspaper.
DSC_0836-1.jpg
DSC_0838.jpg
DSC_0815-1.jpg
DSC_0822-1.jpg
Finally, we get a yummy breakfast (usually waffles) and read the paper.
DSC_0850.jpg
DSC_0852-1.jpg
Love it.

Today was nice and lazy. We need these days sometimes.

Oh! I forgot to include this video last week but it's too cute not to share. He gets the sillies at random times during the day.


Hope everyone had a great weekend! Check back tomorrow - someone turns 21 months!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP