Heat wave
It's funny typing this week's post today. It's Monday and about 65 degrees and wonderful outside. I almost forget that it was unbearably hot this whole week. So hot.
We had to carpool Monday so Rob could drop his car off at the shop. It was fun to be able to play with Kasper in the backseat. He's such a silly boy. He was eating his fruit snacks in a silly way and calling it biting so fast.
Tuesday Rob's car was still in the shop and he had been feeling really crummy with a sore throat and ear pain so I offered to take him in to Urgent Care. After a loooooong wait, he saw the Dr. and she diagnosed an ear infection and viral sore throat. He left with ear drops and we both headed to work.
This was Tuesday night. Kasper has been very interested in using the potty chair and wearing undies this week and weekend. That does NOT mean he actually tells us when he has to go all the time, but at least there's some interest! He had his cars watch him go potty this time.
On Wednesday I had to work at the State Fair for work. It was insanely hot but we stayed somewhat cool in our building. I worked until about 12:45 when Rob met me there. We decided to do our fair day when I was already there working and leave Kasper at daycare. He generally doesn't enjoy environments like the Fair and it ended up being so hot I'm glad he stayed away.
Neither of us were really up for living the Fair to it's fullest. It was too hot to eat fried food, Rob's throat was so painful he could barely swallow and I thought I was going to die of heat stroke. We did hit some of the favorites and tried some new stuff. Rob also got to the craft beer tasting which he had been looking forward to.
I gave Kasper my free glasses.
Wednesday night Rob asked me to look at his throat. His left tonsil had almost covered his throat! His voice sounded weird and muffled and he wasn't eating. Thursday was a busy day for him and after a 4 hour (!!) mediation he took himself back to Urgent Care. This Dr. was more with it, thankfully and diagnosed him with a peritonsillar abscess which apparently can be quite dangerous! I guess they were even throwing a trip to the ER around! We are very thankful she made the right diagnosis and was able to give him a huge shot of a steroid and send him home with prednisone, amoxicillin and a painkiller. He was felling much better by Friday morning though he's not yet 100%.
Kasper and I have to read our bedtime story on the couch now. We don't fit comfortably in his chair anymore.
Ha!
Saturday morning we didn't really have any plans so Rob and Kasper took a bike ride and got doughnuts! After breakfast K wanted to put on his work shoes and play outside. We ended up staying out there for hours! We cleaned some clothes Rob had worn to dig the trench.
Kasper fell and earned himself a bandaid.
We did some swinging.
Kasper used his front end loader while Rob and I cleaned out the shop. It hadn't been used all winter or summer since the power was out. It was very dirty.
While we were feeling so productive we decided to knock out a haircut as well!
Seriously.
After his nap, Kasper wanted to do more playing outside so we rode trikes! He's getting it!
Eventually he decided he wanted to wear undies while he played. We tried to take him in every 20 min to use the potty and we had no accidents but I think we just got lucky.
Cutting some pizza after dinner. Lois doesn't get the game.
Yesterday we met Anna, Pete and Jack for brunch then watched cartoons after Kasper's nap. It was a nice balance between doing things and doing nothing this weekend!
We had a TON of fun today taking a hike but I have too many photos so I'll post later in the week. Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment