Thursday, February 20, 2014

Marlo - 2 months

Miss Marlo is TWO months old! She remains our little firecracker.

DSC_0812 copy.jpg

Look how she's changed!
2.20.14 M 0-2

Let's see what's new this month, shall we?

My favorite thing about this month was all the smiles and chats. She loves to smile and talk about things very earnestly.
DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0481.jpg
DSC_0486.jpg

Sleep - In general, Marlo is still a pretty darn good sleeper! On an average day, she takes 2 naps of 2-3 hours. Sometimes they're closer to 4 but that's not very often. If she wakes up after a 45 minute sleep cycle, I try to rock her back to sleep. If that doesn't work, some tummy time, a diaper change and more milk usually does it. For her naps, 98% of the time I lay her in bed awake and she goes to sleep. Now let's talk about her nighttime sleep. This month Marlo's struggles going to sleep at night intensified. She lays awake 1-4 hours before finally falling asleep. Unless Papa lets her watch the Olympics, then she falls right to sleep. It doesn't seem like any amount of milk, rocking or paci help speed this along. Once she's asleep she averages 4-6 hours, eats and sleeps another 3ish hours. She has slept 7-8 hours overnight a handful of times although that is unfortunately not the norm. Looking back at Kasper's 2 month post his record was 6 hours. My memory is really fuzzy from when he was a baby. Crazy how that happens. We still swaddle Marlo at night and for her afternoon nap but lately I haven't swaddled her for her morning nap. She seems to sleep fine with her hands free but I think she sleeps longer swaddled. She's still in her rock and play sleeper. Kasper was in there until I went to get him after naps and he was halfway to his tummy - around 5 months.

DSC_0490.jpg
DSC_0495.jpg

Eating - we're still sailing along with nursing! She's a pretty good nurser most of the time but does a fair amount of off and on as well as grunting. I've been dairy free a couple weeks which has helped with some of Marlo's tummy troubles but it hasn't solved everything. She still spits up a fair amount. She's stopped overeating, which has been nice. I weighed her last week and she was 11 lbs, 5 ozs. She's now in 0-3 month clothes and even some of those are getting a little snug! Marlo still doesn't poop every day! Sometimes she goes 4 days without going! My Mom said I was the same way when I was a baby and when I finally pooped I would fill my diaper and it would run down my leg and fill up my sleeper. That hasn't happened to us, thankfully, even though Marlo's favorite time to poop is when we're out running an errand and she's all buckled into her car seat. I moved her up to a size 1 diaper this month and also started using cloth again. The cloth diapers were leaking something awful so I sent them away to have all the elastic replaced and now they're working again. Marlo is a "heavy wetter" so I have to change her often to avoid leaks and her diaper is always soaked.
DSC_0540.jpg
DSC_0552.jpg

Other - Marlo is finding her hands! She'll suck on them for an evening and then forget about them for days. It's obvious she's noticing her hands and arms now and I love it.
DSC_0503.jpg
DSC_0651.jpg

She's a very expressive little girl and she's kept some of her dark hair!
2.18.14 M faces

Likes:
- Being on her changing table, talking to her cloth pockets
- Riding in the car
- Being toasty warm

DSC_0653.jpg
DSC_0670.jpg

Dislikes:
- Bathtime
- Being cold
- Getting into the car seat
- You talking while you hold her

DSC_0724.jpg
DSC_0701.jpg

Nicknames: Stinker, Warlo, Warlibird, LoLo Bird, Cotton Headed Ninnymuggins

DSC_0568.jpg

Funny - a lot of Marlo's 2 month update points are exactly the same as her one month but she seems so different!

We love you, sweet Marlo. You're such a special baby. Not to mention an absolutely beautiful one.
DSC_0673.jpg

Love, Mama

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP