Sunday, February 16, 2014

Night owl

It was another week of ups and downs! I'm sensing a theme.

I've continued to eat dairy-free and while I think it's improving things, I'm not convinced it solved our problems. Sunday night was terrible with Marlo laying in bed choking from 3 am to who knows when -- which meant Monday was a difficult day and I was racking my brain to think if I had accidentally eaten dairy recently. Then I remembered Marlo started a Wonder Week which may explain some of the fussiness (or she's just a baby, but I'm a scientist and must analyze things scientifically). She did not want to nap but I eventually got her to sleep in my arms. She just looks so cute when she sleeps.
Untitled

Even though we had a bad day, we still had fun playing with my phone after dinner.
Untitled
Selfie!
Untitled


Monday night, Marlo decided she didn't want to go to bed and stayed up for hours. She woke up happy.
Untitled

If we were going to get Marlo on Zantac, I had to get an accurate weight. They said we could come in to the clinic or just head over to Amma which is where I used to take my New Mama classes! They have a baby weigh hour on Tuesday morning so we went. I just love Amma. I was the only one there for a bit and got to chatting with the owner who had taught one of our classes. She is so nice. We talked about Marlo's fussiness and possible acid reflux. Marlo weighed in at 11 lbs 5 oz which looked pretty good to her. When I looked back in my phone for what Kasper weighed around this time, I was pleased to find I had actually weighed him on the exact same day at one of my New Mama classes. It was even on the same scale! Here are Marlo's stats on top and Kasper's on the bottom.
Untitled
Untitled
Marlo weighs a whole pound less than Kasper at the exact same age! And she was a half pound bigger than he was at birth. But the percentages are about the same which is also interesting.

We talked about how she is fussy in the evening starting around 7 pm and she suggested that Marlo might be setting a bedtime. I had been thinking the same thing and decided to start that night. Stay tuned…

When we got home and got ready for a nap, Marlo just wanted to giggle at me. It was so cute.
Untitled


Post nap happy baby. Is her dark hair hanging in there??
DSC_0186.jpg
DSC_0207.jpg
DSC_0201.jpg
DSC_0233.jpg

Tuesday night Grandma Sandra and Great Aunt Phyllis got into town for their quilt retreat and had dinner with us. Then we all retired to the bathroom to watch Kasper take his bath. Haha!
Untitled

So Tuesday night I got Marlo ready for bed at the same time Kasper was getting ready. I had her in bed by around 8 pm. For naps I lay her down and walk out but for some reason that doesn't work at night but I tried. She laid awake in her bed from 8 pm until MIDNIGHT. Awake. She wasn't crying but she wasn't sleeping. She just laid there for the first 2 hours then I fed her again, went to bed and rocked her for the second 2 until she finally fell to sleep. What the?? She ended up sleeping 7.5 hours!! When she woke up she took a bath and didn't hate it.
2.12.14 M bath

Kasper got a new toy from Great Aunt Phyllis that he's been pretty obsessed with. I love that he looks like a little gear head with the screwdriver and "I Love Mama" tattoo.
DSC_0246.jpg
DSC_0251.jpg
DSC_0256.jpg
DSC_0260.jpg

He has a thing with talking about what's in his hands. This week he said:
K: I have snacks for a baby in this hand.
R: Oh yeah? Are you going to give them to a baby?
K: Sure! Of course!
R: Cool! What's in the other hand?
K: ANTS!

Marlo got a tutu in the mail. I couldn't wait to put that bad boy on her.
Untitled

I tried an early bedtime again Wednesday night. Marlo laid in bed 3.5 hours before finally going to sleep. She looks sweet in her bed and it makes me smile now but when I took the picture I was so annoyed she was still awake.
Untitled
We didn't have the luck we had the night before and she was up every couple hours to eat with grunting and moaning in-between the feedings.

Of course Thursday morning we all had to be at the dentist by 8 am. Rough night. Thursday was Kasper's first real visit to the dentist! He did AWESOME! He waited for his turn while I was in the chair and climbed right up when I was done. He loved it and did everything they asked. He even let them polish his teeth! I thought there was no way. At the end he stood up and said loudly "I like the dentist! I don't like the doctor but I like the dentist!" Haha!
2.13.14 K dentist

I headed over to work after the dentist to introduce Marlo to my co-workers. She hadn't recovered from her bad night and cried the whole time. Sigh. After we got home and had a long nap she perked up.
2.13.14 M heart
DSC_0362.jpg
DSC_0369.jpg
DSC_0385.jpg
DSC_0388.jpg
DSC_0393.jpg
DSC_0402.jpg
Untitled

Thursday night Marlo was awake for 3 hours before falling to sleep but slept ok overnight which was nice.

Friday was Valentine's Day. I dropped my littlest Valentine off at Steph's house while I went to the Dr in the morning. It was weird to be baby free! Friday night we tried making homemade pizza for something special. I had picked up dough and vegan cheese from Trader Joe's. I'll save you all some trouble - NEVER BUY VEGAN CHEESE. I ended up throwing the first 2 pizzas away. Luckily I figured this out before topping the third so we had something to eat.

Marlo gave Kasper a Valentine's Day gift of a Chick Hicks toy car from Cars. He played with it all night and asked to go to bed with him. Tough to see, but that little "98" right under his cheek is his toy car.
Untitled
Untitled

Marlo started to find her hands on Friday. They taste as bad as they smell, I guess.
Untitled
I saved myself some trouble Friday night and just kept Marlo up. She totally sat and watched the Olympics with us for a really long time.
Untitled

I brought her to bed with me at 10:30 and she went right to sleep after one paci insertion after about 5 minutes.

Yesterday we stayed pretty close to home. Rob and Kasper went for a run. Marlo basically slept the whole day.
Untitled
Kasper bonked heads with a friend in the gym one day this week. It's a nice shade of green now.
Untitled

I kept Marlo up with me again last night. I put her down at 10:20, never heard a single peep until she woke up at 6:30!!! I actually woke up at 5:30 and went to check on her since it had been so long! She hadn't moved a muscle and still had her paci in her mouth! They throw those 8 hour stretches in to torture us, I think. I won't get used to it! Apparently she's just a night owl and likes to go to bed late and sleep late! The opposite of her early to bed, early to rise brother.

Today we ran our errands and watched movies. For dinner we went out with our good friends Anna and Pete to a cute restaurant near our houses for a 4 course meal with beer pairings. So fun!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP