Sunday, August 2, 2015

Great!

Marlo's rash showed up some time Monday! I noticed when I picked her up from daycare she had the rash all over her front, back and face. Looks like we can check roseola off the list. It's hard to see in pictures.
IMG_1737

This week was a bit more hectic than usual because Kasper played soccer! Rob and I both went Monday. I picked up the kids early and headed to the school where soccer was. Rob met us there and brought the sandwiches I made Sunday night. Neither kid ate much of anything so I didn't try that again! I ended up spending most of soccer swinging with Marlo.
IMG_1753
IMG_1761
IMG_1765
IMG_1778
IMG_1779
IMG_1783
Papa thankfully had a paci in his car or she would've been a mess.
IMG_1934

IMG_1789
IMG_1791

On Tuesday Rob took Kasper to soccer and Marlo and I went home. I noticed her little face on the window of her room at daycare. She looks so adorable.
IMG_1796

My friends stood on the other side of the driveway. Another fail!
IMG_1799

Wednesday I took Kasper (and my camera) to soccer. Rob and Marlo went to Costco for hot dogs!
IMG_1935
There are many challenges Kasper faces with soccer. A big one this spring was running out and joining the kids on the field. This time he was the first one out and would kick the ball around while everyone waited for all the kids to get there.
DSC_2995.jpg
DSC_2997.jpg
I think the camp was for 4-7 year olds. He looked so small compared with everyone else.
DSC_3005.jpg
Once camp started for the day, Kasper's motivation wavered.
DSC_3006.jpg
DSC_3009.jpg
DSC_3021.jpg
DSC_3023.jpg
DSC_3030.jpg
DSC_3041.jpg
Oh dear.
DSC_3053.jpg
7.29.15 K soccer
DSC_3083.jpg
DSC_3097.jpg
DSC_3111.jpg
DSC_3119.jpg
DSC_3122.jpg

So soccer was 5:30-6:30 M-Th. That's pretty late for us! We usually eat dinner around 6:15 so it was a stretch for the kids to not get home until after 6:30. Especially 4 days in a row! I took both kids by myself Thursday. I mostly spent my time keeping Marlo entertained.
IMG_1812
IMG_1818
IMG_1821
As far as I could tell, from the swings, Kasper had a great last day! He was out there having a fun time. Until near the end.
IMG_1828

The end of practice was a parents vs kids game. I know Rob was sad to miss that!
IMG_1831

I don't know that I'd say he loved soccer. I don't think he disliked it either. I think it was fine.
IMG_1832
IMG_1837

Marlo was a good girl this week. And she's funny now! They grow up so fast, don't they??
DSC_3149.jpg
DSC_3152.jpg

Long day for this one.
IMG_1843

Yesterday we loaded in the cars and headed down to Austin to visit Great Grandma #2! Grandma chose to sit in between the kids. She was a well oiled child entertaining machine back there.
IMG_1850
We went to a park by Great Grandma Chuck's house. It was a perfect day!
DSC_3156.jpg
IMG_1936
We played for a bit then were hungry for lunch.
DSC_3172.jpg
The kids had fun running up and down the halls of Grandma's apartment building! I was worried they'd bother the residents but it was hard to shut down the fun! And another resident seemed to be delighted by the little kids running around so I let them go for it.
IMG_1851
IMG_1853
IMG_1858

After lunch we headed out for a walk around the lake. I totally found a buffalo head nickel. Kasper really loved seeing his Great Grandma. He's SUCH a sweet kid.
IMG_1866
IMG_1868
IMG_1869
IMG_1876
IMG_1892
IMG_1893

Great Grandma Charlotte and Marlo Charlotte
IMG_1902
IMG_1906
IMG_1910
IMG_1913

We left around 2 when the kids were showing us they needed a nap. Marlo slept most of the way home while Kasper watched Daniel Tiger. We got home and did some playing in the backyard for a bit before Rob and I took advantage of the babysitters we went to Austin with and headed out for a date night! We went over to Wayzata for sushi! It was delicious. We popped into Anthropologie and ended up running into another couple that has a girl at the same daycare. Parents night out I guess! After dinner and shopping we went down to the docks and sat to watch the sunset. It was such a lovely evening! No bugs, perfectly warm. We both love being on the lake.
IMG_1922
It was kind of weird when a boat left the dock and ended up hitting a pylon right next to where we were sitting. It was a big boat and I tried to push it away. It ended up damaging the dock and I thought for a second I was going in the lake! I was fine and we could continue our daydreaming.
IMG_1924
IMG_1937

This morning we ate breakfast on the deck and enjoyed a day with nowhere to be. I love Kasper in this picture so much but can't say the same for myself. I was still in my pjs!
DSC_3218.jpg
This girl is sweet and sassy and everything in between. Also, the tooth is visible now! And the second one is possibly on the way. I feel like she's going to look so different! I guess at 19 months it's about time.
8.2.15 Marlo
DSC_3184.jpg
DSC_3185.jpg
DSC_3194.jpg
It looks painful, doesn't it?
DSC_3202.jpg
DSC_3204.jpg

The kids had a great time playing by themselves ALL morning. It was incredible. Rob and I even got to sit on the deck, drink coffee and read the newspaper! After nap, Kasper played for another hour or so all by himself before Marlo woke up.
IMG_1925
We set the pool up again and when they enjoyed playing in the pool until it was time for dinner. They made up a super fun game.
IMG_1931
So fun, right??

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP