Yoony
The week started off with a minor amount of excitement. When the kids and I walked in the door the house totally smelled like natural gas. I hemmed and hawed about calling Centerpoint because I was pretty sure it was the dryer. Our dryer smells like gas a lot but usually it doesn't fill up the house. I happened to leave the dryer door open Sunday because the smell was notably bad. Sigh. I got Rob to come home for a second opinion. He agreed so I called the emergency gas line. They really scare you when you call and I ended up feeling like it was somehow all my fault. They want you to leave the house but not leave the house because if you do leave they'll call the police and break into your house. Dinner in the front yard it was! It was a cold Monday and not a day I would've picked for a picnic!


Thankfully the technician came relatively quickly. He ran around the house with his little meter thing with all the seriousness of the dispatcher. It was indeed our dryer that's leaking gas! The leak is getting worse and worse hence filling up the house with gas. He turned it off and told us to make an appointment for someone to come out and fix it. He also gave us the all clear to come back in the house and turn on the lights and light matches and stuff. We ended up having too much fun outside and stayed out there for a long time. And took about a million pictures.










Marlo assuming some kind of iron cross position while being REMINDED not to run into the street.







Racing!



The race boss.




















Beso break!





















The kids play together a lot now which is fun to see. Marlo needed to get a bit bigger and more words to be able to hang. I'm happy to see she made it.


Kasper can be the most patient person with Marlo. He says her name in Spanish - almost like Marnyo if that makes sense. He calmly asks why she's freaking out or what she wants. He also sings her favorite songs to help her calm down.
Cookies 'n Curls

She got a lot of love for this dress at daycare.



Friday afternoon Rob and I went to a work party for Rob's firm. They rented a boat to cruise around Lake Minnetonka and it was so much fun! It was cold but there was an open bar, so. Everyone ended up walking to another lake bar after the boat docked and we didn't get home until 10 pm. Party animals! Grandpa Steve and Carol picked up the kids from daycare and got them fed and to bed. And it sounds like they had a lot of fun in the spaces between!
Kasper had a birthday party to go to yesterday afternoon so he and Rob did that while Marlo and I got groceries. Rob went to play disc golf during nap time so when the kids got up we decided to go for a walk! Kasper is way too big for his balance bike so I gave him the option of walking or riding his scooter. He chose the scooter. Let's say we left the house at 3:45 and were going on an hour long walk. Hypothetically. These are the time stamps on my phone.
3:51

4:00 - scooter fatigue

4:05 - walking fatigue

4:07 - Marlo kicks Kasper off the front of the stroller

4:29

4:32

What you don't see here is my sweaty mug cursing the low tire pressure on the stroller causing it to pull violently to one side so it was taking all my energy to keep the damn thing going straight.
Rob and Kasper camped last night. We had a pizza picnic for dinner first. I notice Rob didn't get all the dryer racks of clothes in this picture. Not having a dryer is a terrible first world problem.




Post s'more, pre bath, ready for bed.

Rob discovered Marlo can count to 10 in english and spanish. It was my goal to get her saying it. This was the best I got on camera.

This video is also worth a watch if you want a glimpse of real life with Marlo.

"Yep" is my new favorite.
It sounds like camping went great! Kasper was exhausted so went right to sleep which is always good. They woke up with the sun and went to get doughnuts for breakfast! We were up and at 'em early so a walk was necessary before 10 am. I saw Kasper at the top of the hill so I taped him. He flies on that bike of his. Rob did a leg workout the other day and is still feeling it. He doesn't always run like he just crapped his pants. Hahahahaha!

Oh girl.


Last but certainly not least - Yoony!!!


I found the most perfect loon toy for Marlo since she is completely obsessed. You'll be seeing a lot more of this guy, I suspect.
Whew! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment