Sunday, March 6, 2016

Back at it

We certainly jumped back into real life this week. Our week was full of appointments, meetings, home projects, birthdays and a 2 year old that refuses to just use her words. I think we could use another vacation!

I forgot to include these from Sunday.
IMG_2589
IMG_2593
IMG_2594
IMG_2596
IMG_2600

Marlo on Monday. Pj day. Back to school. All good things.
IMG_2617
IMG_2623
IMG_2628
IMG_2632
IMG_2642
IMG_2645
I think the kids were really excited to go back to school and see their friends and buddies. That definitely helps with the transition.

Tuesday Kasper went in for his last wart shot. We weren't sure if we were going to keep the appointment but decided to go so we could be sure we killed it. For some reason Kasper was still not expecting the shot and was a little upset about having to get it. Marlo also decided that she would spend her week crying. She has days/weeks where she is pretty content but it seems like sooner or later (SOONER) she reverts back to the inconsolable. She goes from 0 to 60 without any chance for us to diffuse the situation. I know she can say what she needs/wants/doesn't want/etc but she prefers to totally lose it. I understand that's "just Marlo" but I feel like we should be moving past this. They don't call it the Terrible Twos for nothing.

I'll choose to share the silly Marlo pictures.
IMG_2657
IMG_2663
IMG_2667
IMG_2670
IMG_2687
IMG_2694
IMG_2701
The cheek wound is from running full speed into the corner of the table. It's at exactly eye level!! How do they not SEE it?
IMG_2702
IMG_2708
IMG_2721
IMG_2722

Singing the days of the week!
IMG_2651

Wanting to be "nice and warm" at breakfast.
IMG_2742
IMG_2747
IMG_2754
IMG_2758

Marlo has been ramping up the "undies" chatter. She asks to wear undies quite often but still has never successfully used the potty (despite many visits)! I feel like she should use it at least once before we put undies on her. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she put undies on and just started to use the potty. It's Marlo's world and I'm simply living in it. Also, if this is how she thinks undies are worn we might be in trouble.
IMG_2770

Obviously this hat was a big favorite this week. So was the Papa.
DSC_9369.jpg
DSC_9371.jpg
DSC_9403.jpg
DSC_9408.jpg
3.2.16 M and R
DSC_9413.jpg
DSC_9425.jpg
DSC_9429.jpg

Kasper can tell that we're struggling a bit with Marlo and he's stepped up his brother game this week. He was a really good listener and so helpful. He even tried hard to keep Marlo entertained if we were otherwise indisposed. He's such a good kid.
IMG_2776
IMG_2777
IMG_2784
IMG_2792
IMG_2794

Everyone still loves a good bath, thankfully.
DSC_9442.jpg
DSC_9444.jpg
DSC_9447.jpg
DSC_9475.jpg
DSC_9481.jpg
DSC_9509.jpg
DSC_9513.jpg
DSC_9518.jpg
DSC_9527.jpg
DSC_9554.jpg
DSC_9559.jpg
DSC_9586.jpg
DSC_9604.jpg
DSC_9617.jpg

Friday was my birthday! I used that fact to ask for a picture with the kids outside of daycare. Fail.
IMG_2810
IMG_2813
Try again.
IMG_2814
Right outside of daycare. In the morning. During the drop off rush. Haha! A couple parents asked if I was ok. Only hurt my pride! Finally got one!
IMG_2819

We went out for dinner after work to Punch pizza! It was a little too chaotic for me but it was nice to try. Eating out right now looks like Rob and I shoveling our food in while one of us holds onto Marlo so she doesn't fall down, hold Marlo's cup so she doesn't dump her drink all over her lap, and remind her not to yell "MMMMMIIIIINNNNNEEEEE" all through dinner. The other one has to continuously remind Kasper that people don't like it when you walk over to their table and stare weirdly at them. Kasper almost never eats his food. Nothing has changed on that front. Good to know. I think we'll take food to go for awhile longer.

Yesterday we hung out around home and also got groceries. Pretty boring but nice to have the luxury!

Kasper after nap watching whatever was on tv. I think it was golf.
IMG_2843
IMG_2845
Ha!

Before breakfast snack this morning.
IMG_2857
IMG_2860
IMG_2863
IMG_2865

She's such a sweet girl
IMG_9915
IMG_9952
IMG_9982

The big guy
DSC_9771.jpg
DSC_9789.jpg
DSC_9793.jpg
DSC_9795.jpg
We spent the morning outside playing and picking up dog poop! The WORST part of Spring! It does feel like Spring now - it was gorgeous today! After naps we grabbed a kite and headed to a field!
IMG_2890
IMG_2891
IMG_2893
IMG_2897
IMG_2899
IMG_2909
IMG_9992
IMG_2912
IMG_2914
IMG_2920
IMG_2929
IMG_2943
IMG_2966
IMG_2970
IMG_2995
IMG_3014

A cute little movie
IMG_9995

We grilled tonight just to really get in Spring mode. Then it was right to bed for these 2. After a story, of course. Doesn't Kasper look exhausted? (The Post-It on his PJ's says "Storm Trooper", because he lost a storm trooper toy earlier in the evening and figured this was the right approach to lure it back.)
IMG_9998
IMG_0004
IMG_0005

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP