Sunday, May 22, 2016

Chicago!

This weekend was one I was looking forward to for a long time! More later.

This is going to be a quick iPhone post. I'm sure no one will mind.

Monday! I can always tell because the kids are in their pjs.
IMG_5565
IMG_5578
IMG_5585
IMG_5591
IMG_5600
IMG_5609
IMG_5610
IMG_5618
IMG_5623

Marlo got a pillow this week! Big girl! She loves it, obvs.
IMG_5645

I tricked Marlo into going outside by having her wait for Bethany.
IMG_5648
IMG_5652
She's just too freaking cute.

I left work a little early on Thursday to run some errands before heading to Chicago Friday. I was at my last stop when I got a call from daycare reassuring me it wasn't an emergency but Kasper fell and had a bad cut on his head and could I come immediately to pick him up and take him to urgent care? Thankfully I was already about a mile away otherwise it would've taken me an hour! Anyway, I picked both kids up and headed to urgent care. As we waited I thought back to all of our vacations the last couple years. With the exception of the trip to Florida this February, someone is in urgent care the day or 2 before leaving with some illness or injury including but not limited to strep throat (me), ear infection (Marlo), norovirus (Kasper AND me). This time it was only me leaving, but it's weird, isn't it? It was a long wait, Marlo ran amok. At one point she laid on the floor and inhaled the carpet then declared (loudly) "I'M SMELLING THE DOCTOR!!!"
IMG_5660
IMG_5664
Why is one shoe off?
IMG_5669

The poor kid had to get 2 staples in his scalp because the cut was pretty deep.
IMG_0711
IMG_5676

Someone got ice cream.
IMG_0720

Showing Papa the offending wall.
IMG_0721

Friday morning my friend Erin met me at our house and we headed to the airport for our girls trip to Chicago! We met Hillari at the airport and made the quick flight. The fourth, Kristi, is in Milwaukee so she drove and met us there. We decided to take the train from the airport into town. It was an interesting ride when some guy got on and smoked 3 cigarettes. It was just like traveling through Europe! Oh! We were getting together to celebrate 15 years since we all studied abroad in Toledo, Spain. The train ride got us into the perfect nostalgia mood. It also helped when we couldn't decide on a stop so we just jumped up and ran out at a stop and almost lost Hillari as she had to get her suitcase out of the seat. The trip started with many, many giggles.
IMG_5684
IMG_5685
IMG_5686

Reunited!
IMG_5691

Social media break
IMG_5690

Our first stop was the Purple Pig for apps and wine. This place was phenomenal and I highly recommend it.
IMG_5750

We walked down to navy pier and saw large high school groups getting on boats for what we assumed was prom. It was pretty empty - and chilly.
IMG_5695
IMG_5696
IMG_5698
IMG_5701
IMG_5703

After changing we had deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's which was also delicious.
IMG_5709

Yesterday we hit up Do-Rite Donuts which were some of the best doughnuts I've ever had.
IMG_5711

It was basically the perfect day yesterday. Perfect temp, totally sunny. We got lots of walking in which helped to counteract all the eating we also did.
IMG_5719
IMG_5722
IMG_5723
IMG_5726
IMG_5727
IMG_5728
IMG_5733
I really enjoyed taking pictures of the girls taking selfies. I get a kick out of them.
IMG_5739
IMG_5745

I did my hair! It should be documented.
IMG_5752

Dinner at Quartino. Quartino had some really good dishes but also a couple things that none of us enjoyed much at all.
IMG_5754

Back to The Purple Pig for cannoli filled doughnuts.
IMG_5759

We ran back to Do-Rite this morning so a couple of us could bring doughnuts home to our families. I was not one of those nice Moms, I just bought one apple fritter and polished it off on the way back to the hotel. We left early because the security lines in Chicago had made the news earlier in the week.
IMG_5760

There were absolutely no lines in security and it took us all of 10 minutes to get through. Then 3 hours to kill. I made it home a little before 3 pm so it was a long day. It was such a fun weekend away with the girls and hopefully we can make it a regular thing!

I got home just in time to take Kasper to soccer.
IMG_5766
I hadn't taken him to soccer yet so I assumed he would run to the right group and I would follow. Rob said that he had been loving soccer but he totally wasn't feeling it. They ended up scrimmaging (Kasper's least favorite) and he just stood in the field. When he came to get water he started to cry and said that he was in the wrong class and that his class was on another field. Hahahahaha! Total fail. I learned that he's still not interested in advanced soccer lessons.

Papa and the kids had a great weekend too! It sounds like it was fast food meals and playgrounds. And haircuts. Basically paradise for these guys!
IMG_0732
Marlo is putting a bike on her Christmas list.
IMG_0765
IMG_0789
IMG_0797
IMG_0837
IMG_0841
IMG_0861
IMG_0866
IMG_0877
And watermelon.
IMG_0901
IMG_0914
IMG_0916
IMG_0922
IMG_0923
IMG_0927
IMG_0933
IMG_0936

We hung out around here after soccer. Marlo finally woke up and I was able to surprise her with my presence. Then she colored all over her face.
IMG_5798

Kasper had an amazing time with his new DJ table.
IMG_5772
IMG_5777
IMG_5793
Oh dear.
IMG_5795

Ok! Time to get back on schedule! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP