Rain Out!
Rob and I were looking forward to the Twins game Monday night, and had been for a while. A client invited him to the game and I got to tag along for my first trip to the new stadium! The client was hosting a group up on the Budweiser Deck, which is a rooftop bar area with great views of the field and Minneapolis skyline.

It rained some during the day but wasn't raining before the game, but when we got to the stadium, we learned it was postponed anyway. By the time we made it up to the Budweiser Deck, the game had been cancelled! Argh! We still went to the event because of the free food and drinks. I felt bad for the group that hosted because they had to close at 8 and there was no game. Not to mention it was freezing cold and windy. The game was postponed until July and we can go to that game if we want. Basically we went to the Twins stadium for dinner then went back home.
Wearing Mama's makeup.


Hearing an airplane.







My baby



The week was a rainy, cold mess. It rained almost the entire day, every day. It was such a bummer but we did get to enjoy last weekend so I had to keep telling myself that. I think it even got to freezing a couple nights so we had to bring our pots inside.
A little love yesterday morning.

And a little singing. This is Marlo's favorite song from school. The teacher says when they sing it, she's the only one who sings and all the kids watch her. It's about a kitty named Tun Tun, which is why Marlo is thinks cats say "meow tun tun!"

Since yesterday was the colder of the 2 weekend days we ran our errands in the morning. I also brought the baby music table up since the kids caught sight of it downstairs. I think it's made for an infant basically but Kasper LOVES it. LOVES it. He's figured out all these secret tunes from hitting different buttons in different orders. He's been playing it non-stop for days. He ran in the house after getting groceries and started spinning.

Get that kid a DJ table! And also clean your room!
Kasper took a nap BOTH days this weekend. I can't remember the last time he took a nap much less 2 days in a row.
Playing later with Marlo. Who you can guess is more of a liability than a musical collaborator.






He's telling her to not touch anything because sometimes it takes a second for the secret song to play.

She touched something.

Taking pictures. I'm not sure how she gets anything in focus because she doesn't even look through the viewfinder.


After the most delicious brioche french toast ever, we headed out for a walk/bike ride. Marlo has been having a huge fear of outdoor sounds so it's a good day when we can get her outside and having fun.























Looking for dead fish









For the most part, Marlo ran up and down the dock throwing rocks into the lake while Kasper found and held dead fish.



Fish sandwich












Marlo stepped into the lake more than once.




He got to 15 fish. In his hand.





Sleepy Marlo ready for a nap.




We got home from our walk and I quickly mowed the lawn while the kids ate all of the food for lunch. Surprising because they haven't been big eaters lately. They went down around 1:30 which is a little late. Kasper had soccer at 3 so I let him read a book in bed for some down time. Marlo went to bed and I told her to go to sleep which she totally did. While the kids were sleeping Rob and I made a pesto out of some wild garlic mustard plants we found on our walk, like we had seen someone do on the news last night. It was A W F U L.
When I went to get Kasper at 2:45 he was sound asleep! He had put his book down, gotten his covers on and was snoring away. Poor thing has been worn out this weekend. He was excited to get up and go to soccer which says a lot about soccer.




This is Kasper's new "best friend". He told Kasper a knock knock joke but there's a chance that Kasper told him a knock knock joke but Kasper doesn't remember what the joke was and anyway he's the nicest kid at soccer. As told by Kasper.

Kasper winning ships across the ocean.

Marlo slept until a little after 5. A marathon nap! By the time she got up, Kasper and Rob were back from soccer and were burning sticks in the back yard!









The kids ate really good dinners so we treated ourselves to s'mores! Marlo just held hers. She never did eat it. I think Rob did.




Guess who can put her own shoes on!


A seasoned pro.



And with that another weekend is over!


Hope everyone had a great weekend!
0 comments:
Post a Comment