June!
It's SUMMER! Yay and also I forgot summer is so hot.
So, our friend Kasper had an interesting start to his week. He had been complaining of stomach pain for days but was eating as much if not more than usual and also being quite active. I was chalking it up to hunger pains which he was apparently getting for the first time. By Wednesday he couldn't stand up at tae kwon do and was pretty miserable, the poor thing. He had suggested going to Urgent Care the day before, and since the issue didn't seem to be resolving itself anytime soon, I couldn't disagree. We left in the middle of tae kwon do and sat at Urgent Care for a couple hours. Side note, we played one game of hangman. Kasper was guessing. What the heck? His first guess was wrong then apparently he dialed it in.

The Dr. had a good idea of what was wrong - she did run a strep test first since she had 2 kids in that same day with stomach aches who had strep throat. Rob asked him if he had been going to the bathroom like usual and he heartily confirmed he had been going and everything was status quo. The x-ray told a very different story and he had to fess up.


We stopped for some miralax on the way home and it's been smooth sailing ever since! It was a good lesson about staying hydrated and going to the bathroom every day.
This is what Marlo was up to while we were gone.

She's basically a live emoji. "Whoopsie daisy!" Ha!!
Kasper's kindergarten graduation was Friday!





The program was in the afternoon - we had to sit almost in the back so it was hard to see. that's Kasper in the middle.


The second half of the program was in the classroom.


(Kasper drew a hat on his hat. So meta, right?)


Kappy with his teacher. The last day of school is actually this coming Thursday so he has a few days left with his class. He made some really sweet friends this year.
Check out my rhubarb


Also, I cut some flowers and brought them in. There is nothing better than fresh cut peonies.

Great Grandma Florene came to visit yesterday!


After naps we went over to Iris and Dove's house to swim in their pool! Kasper got right in and had a great time! Marlo took some time to warm up but also had a great time. I didn't take any pictures - I must've been too busy drinking pina coladas and visiting! I assume. Marlo had a scary moment when she forgot she didn't have her floatie on and jumped into the pool, but Iris coolly helped her to the steps and safety. So Marlo also learned a valuable lesson this week: water safety. The semi-humorous thing was I was standing right next to her with her floatie, trying to get her attention to put it on. Oh Marlo.
It was another beautiful day today and we had numerous unformed plans to go to a beach or a splash pad or for a walk, etc but the kids just wanted to stay home. They played really nicely all morning.




I did convince Marlo to go on a walk with me by offering a visit to the playground.





She got bit by something right by her eye.

She woke up from her nap crying about her eye so we ran to the pharmacy for benedryl. Poor thing!



Kappy has been into making movies. Like father, like son.

Rob and I spent almost all day outside working on yard projects, mowing, watering, etc. It's the summer of the yard over here and I'm exhausted! Hope everyone had a great weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment