Quarantine: Week 23
When should I stop numbering the quarantine weeks? I guess when we all go back to our "normal" lives, huh?
This week wasn't normal! We had our first visit to Children's Hospital for surgery. We've been very lucky to have healthy kids. Marlo had a belly button hernia that was bothering her so she got it fixed!
She got to eat a couple popsicles to help her get discharged. She had the best time after the surgery waking up, eating popsicles, getting her bearings, watching tv and lying in "the very coziest" bed.
She'd sit up, do some art then lay back down and recollect herself. It took about 2 hours to come back to normal.
Home by lunch!
The recovery was pretty smooth. We kept her loaded with tylenol and ibuprofen for 3 days. She laid mostly low for about an afternoon then resumed normal activities. The Dr. said to not limit her in any way so as long as she was feeling good we let her do it! You could tell when it was time for a med refresh but all in all I was impressed with her recovery. She couldn't put on her own shoes and socks for a couple days and couldn't bend over until today. She got to sit in a bath today so I think she's feeling pretty good. Her belly button is all kinds of shades of green and purple which is gross.
Marlo and I spent the day doing whatever popped into her mind. We went to Michaels for crafts, played tennis, cooked dinner, played Skip Bo.
The boys came back today and we went over to celebrate Steph and Clare's birthdays! It was the first time my whole family has gotten together since my birthday back in March! The cousins missed each other. The party ended up being a kids water fight which I'm sure felt good in this heat. My favorite was when Kasper helped Harriet get her shoes on. He loves little kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment