Sunday, May 6, 2012

Big Boy

I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like Kasper was bigger this week. Bigger and older. He started using a handful of new words, seemed to understand us better and is noticeably taller.

4.30.12 K faces
4.30.12 K faces 2
DSC_0900.jpg
DSC_0925.jpg
DSC_0959.jpg

See??
5.12 K face compare

To remind me he's still just a little dude, he "danced" to a song his book played. I enjoy how he gets so into it he ends up chewing his hands. Like he doesn't know what to do with the energy.
4.12 K dancing

He's actually interested in things now. Most notably things that drive. He watched Rob mow the lawn one night with rapt attention.
4.30.12 R mowing
DSC_0968.jpg
DSC_0975.jpg
DSC_0980.jpg
He had his little face PRESSED against the deck railings just as still as could be.
DSC_0983.jpg

Kasper has also been practicing feeding himself. He still has a ways to go but he's really trying!
5.12 K spoon 1
Then he switches hands to see if it's easier with the left hand.
DSC_0014.jpg
5.12 K spoon 2
Check out his right hand all balled up with effort. I think he's right handed.

Friday was "Sombrero Day" at daycare so the kids were encouraged to wear a hat. (Please try not to die from those little legs sticking out from the shorts.)
DSC_0134.jpg
DSC_0138.jpg

Rob was at a frisbee tournament this weekend and I wasn't feeling the best having allowed a sinus infection to get pretty bad and starting antibiotics so I called in my parents for re-inforcements. They helped me entertain the baby and my Dad did some yard work I had on my to-do list.

Rob was back this morning by the time Kasper went down for his first nap. He woke up before 6 both mornings (lucky me) and went down for a morning nap both days. He was sure surprised to see Papa when he woke up! We all hung out for a bit before heading to Target. Lois got some un-asked for kisses. Why can't we be so lucky? We almost ALWAYS get an enthusiastic "NO" when we lean in for one.
DSC_0186.jpg

We spent the afternoon as a family - not doing much but having a great time! The kids sure missed their Papa.
DSC_0212.jpg
DSC_0218.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg
(More kisses for the dog)
DSC_0240.jpg
DSC_0250.jpg
DSC_0252.jpg
DSC_0253.jpg

In other big news, I ordered a photo book for Kasper's first year!!!! I ordered it from Blurb. It's 316 pages and I love it. I just put in the blog posts with the pictures. I had great plans of making pages in Photoshop and importing them but I found the Booksmart software to be super easy to use. Especially when I realized I could edit the layout of a page.
DSC_0228.jpg
5.12 K baby book
It's almost as big as the baby!
DSC_0211.jpg

Have a good week!

3 comments:

Sandra May 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

What a wonderful "coffee table" book! It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it. I hope you're feeling better, Jess! I'm anxious to see another photo of Kasper standing next to Lois so we can see how he's grown taller in comparison to her. They're such good buddies.
-- Love, Grandma Sandra

JDub May 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM  

That book is awesome! I'm jealous!

Emily May 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM  

Jess, you're right! He looks more like a little boy all of a sudden!! Awesome book too! XO

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP