Crafty lady
I'll admit it, I'm a hard-core crafting wannabe.
I devour Pinterest looking for fun projects or DIY ideas that I usually never tackle. I don't know what it is about myself that holds me back from being really creative.
That said, I've actually finished a couple little craft projects that I thought I'd share.
I've been wild about vintage sheets lately. I think they are so fun and what a great way to recycle! I like a blog called In Color Order and she had a tutorial for a vintage sheet wrapped wreath. (Actually she's a crazy awesome quilter as well. It's hard not to get caught up dreaming about lovely quilts.) Anyway, she sells the wreath kit in her Etsy store so I treated myself to one! It's basically a bunch of 2" strips you fold in half and wrap around a foam wreath. Isn't she a beaut?
If you had a bunch of different sheets you could totally make this without the kit. Super easy and I love it.
My other craft I'm super proud of. I made a fabric silhouette of Kasper!
I cut it out of black fabric then sewed it onto a little piece of vintage sheet. I found an oval frame on eBay to pop it into with a little batting for dimension.
I was shocked it turned out so well and only took about an hour.
So there you go, my attempts at crafting. Now if I could just focus on decorating the house we've lived in for almost a year...
I have trouble committing.
1 comments:
Jess, these projects turned out so well! I'm impressed that you can find the time to get anything done beyond cooking and cleaning and reading to Kasper! Great job!
-- Love, Sandra
Post a Comment