Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas out there! This was my second Mother's Day and I have to say that it keeps getting better! Kasper is such a silly, fun, energetic, mischievous little person.
Be warned, this is a long post! We had a fun week.
Kasper seems to have grown a little more this week and not just in height! He doesn't throw such big fits in the evenings before dinner, but there is still a fair amount of crying. And nose picking.
He's just so hungry! They get cheese, bread and water around 3 at daycare but he's just ravenous at home. I give him more cheese or chicken and tons of milk while we wait for dinner. I haven't found the perfect snack yet that takes the edge off but doesn't fill him up so much that he only has crackers for dinner.
Sometimes I let him push the buttons on the dishwasher to kill a couple minutes.
I tried extra hard this past week to do as much work for dinner the night before so I would have less to do when we get home. It was actually really fun! We just hang out in the sunroom and have our snack. Kasper got really into drinking his milk on my lap. He would start drinking then back his little butt up to me so he could lay down in my lap to have a drink. Swoon. He also has been really into reading books WITH us! He has never been interested in having a book read to him but finally, finally, we get to read together. He brings book after book after book to me, climbs onto my lap and listens carefully.
I think he's in the middle of a language explosion. He has an Elmo book that we like to look at. Check out all the words he knows:
He also added: knee, mano (hand), I know, pizza, bye. I should stop keeping track soon. Oh! He also pretends to answer the phone. This was the highlight of my week.
Peek-a-boo behind the chair. We can actually see him the whole time but he smiles super big when he peeks his little head out.
Playing tug with the dog.
Lois continues to be so wonderful with Kasper. She can get a little rough when she's into her game but she is very aware of the baby and her teeth. Not always aware that she's just dragged him into the corner of the table, but she's very gentle with him.
We continued the good times this weekend! Grandma Sandra came down yesterday and we headed out to the Landscape Arboretum. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we had a great time walking around.
Family picture with unfortunate branch.
Kasper hung out in his wagon while we walked around. Chewing on his finger which is something he's been doing. (Still no sign of upper teeth even with the finger gnawing!)
We saw some wonderful, colorful flowers. It was really lovely.
The Minnesota state flower!
Not a good picture sport.
We found a little room to roam so Kasper got out and pulled his wagon around. He was very serious about his work.
We went to out to lunch after the Arb and sat out on the patio. It was SO nice outside. (I don't know if I've articulated this enough yet.) Last night after dinner my sister came over for a couple hours while Rob and I got away for dessert.
This morning Kasper woke up nice and early and when Rob brought him in to bed he gave me such a nice big hug that lasted a number of minutes with little smiles peppered in. It was the perfect start to Mother's Day. I requested chocolate waffles for breakfast. While the batter was resting, we went outside to get the paper and do a little air shoveling.
I also took some photos of the cool columbines we have in the yard.
I also got a Caribou mocha and a trip to Bachmans for Mother's Day. I picked out some shrubs for the front of the house and for a new front door arrangement.
It was basically the perfect Mother's Day. I sure do love my little family.
Ok! This is long enough! Time to make oatmeals for the week.
1 comments:
What a wonderful Mother's Day you had! The video of Kasper talking on the phone is priceless! It cracks me up everytime I watch it. Have a great week!
-- Love, Grandma Sandra
Post a Comment