Memorial Day - the Prologue
So I've taken entirely too many photos this week and weekend so I'm going to break it up into 2 posts so as to not overextend myself. Hope you don't mind.
Since the weather has been so nice, we've enjoyed many meals out on the deck. Thankfully, Kasper has inherited his parents love for corn on the cob.
Speaking of eating... I read the popular "Bringing up Bebe" while up in St. Cloud last weekend and have been trying to implement some changes around here especially in the eating department. Kasper gets a snack at daycare around 3 pm then he used to eat from until we got home until dinner time because he would whine and whine for food. This week I've said no snacks before dinner, he hasn't been whining and he's been eating awesome full meals with veggies, meat and fruit. It's a no-brainer but I would give in to the whining and ruin his dinner.
Another thing she points out is how American parents tend to narrate their children's play or don't allow them to play independently. Recently I've made more of an effort to let Kasper play by himself when he wants but give him my full attention when he asks for it. That also seems to be helping with the whining. Sometimes the guy just wants to be alone for a minute! Actually one day I sat on the floor with him and read a whole magazine while he transferred some cars into and out of a box. I'd suggest reading the book, I thought it was pretty interesting. She is able to explain French parenting without judging American parenting or making you feel like you're doing it all wrong.
Anyway...
I think we've settled on gray eyes.
You've probably heard that a private company, SpaceX, made history by launching the first private spacecraft to dock with the International Space Station. Well, Kasper has been following the story the whole week since his Great Uncle Larry works for SpaceX. Here's Kasper explaining how Dragon docked with Mir.
Get it? Great job Uncle Larry!
With Kasper so receptive to eating meals now, he's becoming pretty adept at using a fork. I just give him a normal fork because those baby ones don't stab anything. (Weird.) For the most part, he eats his meals with a fork. Unless he's too hungry then he shovels in a few bites to take the edge off.
Can you see the 4 top teeth all coming in at once? Because they are. Slooooooooooooowly.
Also notice the blond hair. It still catches me off guard to see in pictures.
I told you I had a lot of pictures! That's just from last week! I guess I made up for not having my camera out the previous week. Kasper has been a truly pleasant person to be around so I couldn't stop myself from snapping away. Oh! Here are some notable things Kasper's been saying - zapato (shoe), amarillo (yellow), 5 of his classmates names.
Weekend pics coming soon. Happy Memorial Day!
0 comments:
Post a Comment