Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy June

This is going to be a short post - the 4th this week!

As the story of our Spring/Summer has been, we had a busy week and relaxing weekend. I think this summer is going to be different from the previous many summers because the majority of our friends are married so we don't have a bunch of weddings to go to. Also with the baby, we tend to keep close to home which is nice.

Anyway...

Kasper thinks it's great fun lately to play "Night night" with the kitchen rug.
Untitled
DSC_0151-1.jpg

There have been some requests for videos so here's one of Kasper using a fork!


Saturday morning Rob went running with Pete so Anna and I loaded the kids in the car and headed to the Arboretum. I know I say it all the time but the Arboretum has been one of our favorite places to be this summer. It's so close and it's so wonderful to walk around and see what's in bloom. It was a BEAUTIFUL day so it was great spending time outside.
DSC_0158-1.jpg

Baby Jack! He's adorable.
DSC_0156-1.jpg

I know Kasper was that size not long ago so it's hard to believe he's such a big boy now.
DSC_0160-1.jpg

The state flower was blooming! I love lady slippers.
DSC_0152.jpg
DSC_0155-1.jpg

We played around on the deck last night after dinner. Kasper made sure to do a lot of the things he loves:
Playing in the curtains (with a broom)


Running and walking on his knees

DSC_0176-1.jpg

Reading
DSC_0253-1.jpg

I asked about his "moco" (booger). He actually acts like he pulls it off his nose then proudly hands it to me.
DSC_0242-1.jpg
DSC_0243-1.jpg
DSC_0244.jpg

After Kasper went to bed, Rob and I made ourselves a little fire and made s'mores!
Untitled

Today has been, surprise surprise, a relaxing day. Kasper and I went for a run this morning while Rob went bike riding then we all met up at Target for groceries. Kasper is very serious about pushing the cart.
Untitled

After K's nap we walked down to the park since it was such a nice afternoon. Kasper sort of wanders around until he zeros in on the swings and that's where you can find us for hours. I was actually on the adult swing next to K for awhile until I started to feel ill and had to get off. He was nowhere near done.
Untitled
Untitled
(See the black and blue marks on his shins from crawling over the sliding door tracks on his knees? Ouch!)

When it was time to go Kasper was adamant about pulling the wagon so we let him walk it along the path.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

You guys, he walked that wagon up that hill all by himself!
Untitled
He almost made it to the top but when he would stop every couple steps and touch the flowers we knew he was done. He sat in the wagon and chugged some water the rest of the way home.

We all relaxed until it was time to eat. (I am so thankful Kasper and Lois get along so well.)
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg

Kasper was BEAT. It was pretty cute. He went off to bed early tonight and I didn't hear him complain.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors

About This Blog

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP